Guess rebuying VC games isn't the worst after all

#31DTY3Posted 2/21/2013 10:51:59 AM
robat223 posted...
DTY3 posted...
robat223 posted...
deathsaber79 posted...
For the 1,000th time. You don't have to rebuy any VC purchases- they are transferrable from Wii and playable in Wii mode 100% free(with the appropriate original Wii controllers of course).

Only if you absolutely have to have your games exportable on the Wii U gamepad & gain the new save state features, do you have to pay the $1 to bring it to the Wii U side of the menu (and its only a buck, geez).

Wii Mode is terrible and slow.

Lesser of two evils. At least you can still play them.

Yes but the least evil of all would be for these companies to actually reward loyal customers and early adopters who are putting > $400 into the system early with the ability to freely play the old VC/PSN games on the new console.

Too bad that's not the point of the topic, though.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#32squatch22Posted 2/21/2013 10:54:31 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
emagdnE posted...
maybe Sony saw Nintendo get away with it and decided they can too

you people don't get to bash Sony for doing the same stupid **** Nintendo is doing

afterall, Sony still has the chance to change their minds on the matter

No, Nintendo let you do it for free, just pay if you want Wii U perks

Sony not even free or paying are gonna let you do it, keep your PS3 or those games are done, maybe they can be played in a stream, but you need to pay a subscription to use the stream and you canīt use old saves....

Ironically, Nintendo did the best move, when a few days ago it trolls where like: "Yeah, Sony has accounts, you just log and download your stuff, not need to pay for them again"

LOL

Yep. So funny.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#33robat223Posted 2/21/2013 10:55:35 AM
DTY3 posted...
robat223 posted...
DTY3 posted...
robat223 posted...
deathsaber79 posted...
For the 1,000th time. You don't have to rebuy any VC purchases- they are transferrable from Wii and playable in Wii mode 100% free(with the appropriate original Wii controllers of course).

Only if you absolutely have to have your games exportable on the Wii U gamepad & gain the new save state features, do you have to pay the $1 to bring it to the Wii U side of the menu (and its only a buck, geez).

Wii Mode is terrible and slow.

Lesser of two evils. At least you can still play them.

Yes but the least evil of all would be for these companies to actually reward loyal customers and early adopters who are putting > $400 into the system early with the ability to freely play the old VC/PSN games on the new console.

Too bad that's not the point of the topic, though.

Always a good way to end a losing argument. Say "we aren't arguing about that right now."
---
Gamertag= Robat93
PSN= thegreatusurper
#34DTY3Posted 2/21/2013 10:57:41 AM
No I'm just stating a fact. That's not the point of the topic. Hell, reread the OP if you must.

But if you wanna try and start an "argument" over anything for any reason, then whatevs.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#35aryanbrarPosted 2/21/2013 11:11:21 AM
Mattatron42 posted...
laxnd23 posted...
Mattatron42 posted...
I would hope since the games are tied to an ID that the games would be offered free or with a discounted price for people who own the software. Only time will tell, but nintendo was able to do it without IDs for what it's worth.

And when it comes down to it, I'd rather have PS3 BC on PS4 than Wii BC on Wii U. So many more worthwhile games on PS3 than the handful of gems on Wii. This truly is a boneheaded move

I disagree with the handful of games vs. ps3. I personally liked wiis library better, but thats all opinion. What is important is BC and transfers for early adopters of a system. I skipped ps3 and went wii/360 and was hoping for BC, but instead I will get the ps3 for cheap and play the handful of games I missed.

this is a joke, besides first party games wii had nothing except poorly done ports. 360/ps3 were just better in terms of overall games.
#36Lord_KagatoPosted 2/21/2013 11:14:32 AM
Well that's really stupid... but since it's not BC, I'd just keep my PS3 anyway.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#37Dr_FacerPosted 2/21/2013 11:16:38 AM
laxnd23 posted...
http://www.destructoid.com/psn-purchases-will-not-carry-over-to-playstation-4-246229.phtml

This really sucks. Hopefully Microsoft does like it did with the 360 and keeps backwards compatibility. If not, Wii U is gonna be the only BC system for a long time.

Wanna bet they change their tune once the bad press gets to them? XD
#38mini_blightPosted 2/21/2013 11:26:57 AM
laxnd23 posted...
http://www.destructoid.com/psn-purchases-will-not-carry-over-to-playstation-4-246229.phtml

This really sucks. Hopefully Microsoft does like it did with the 360 and keeps backwards compatibility. If not, Wii U is gonna be the only BC system for a long time.

LOOKS LIKE HAVING AN ACCOUNT MEANS NOTHING.
#39DrumguyPosted 2/21/2013 11:28:49 AM
LUlGI posted...
I expected this for some reason.

Because Sony is virtually broke and wanna take you for any penny they can get. Selling real estate just to get out of the red usually isn't a good thing.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#40ArturiaZweiPosted 2/21/2013 11:30:31 AM
Are you serious?!

So wait, we can't play our Ps1, Ps2 and Ps3 games on the thing not without ----> Buying Them Again<----

Gosh, I guess paying a Single Dollar to upgrade the games we've already transferred to the Wii U isn't so bad!