The PlayStation 4 exemplifies why I do not want a Wii U

#1PhaseBlackPosted 2/21/2013 9:49:56 AM(edited)
First off I like my 3DS, I just *like* it despite being a fan of several games and looking forward to some of the upcoming releases. My biggest problem with it? It's design, from how it's online network is, the 3D gimmick, and the lack of a second analog stick. To me though, despite all these problems, it still shows remnants of what made me be a fan of Nintendo in the first place. The Wii U just doesnt have whatever is left of Nintendo, it's clear that they have to pick and choose what they can make on HD hardware and the ones they have chosen like Zelda and Smash Bros are sill a long, long time away

Now, the PlayStation 4 is dubbed by third party as "The developer's dream console", the limits are few if any and Sony made it a point to design the console to be simple to develop for and a beast spec wise. Nintendo with the Wii U didnt do this, instead they kept the specs down so they can ship a screen on the controller and make a whole tablet gimmick. Developers not only have extreme limitations, they are side tracked with having to shift their development focus to make use of the screen on the controller. The PS4's touchpad is the smarter way to add touch, just being a function on the controller that devs could CHOOSE to make use of, not have to use it. It can act as extra functions and so on, enhancing gameplay much like the new, perfected Sixaxis controls.

The PS4's design is basically letting developers create and innovate, there are no limitations and nothing keeping any third party developer from coming to their console. Sadly we can't say the same for the Wii U.

Also, look at how easy it is to develop for it compared to Wii U, two big first party games will be ready for launch, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Driveclub. Killzone: Shadow Fall is an AAA, cinematic shooter that's the premier shooter for the PS4 and is a reason to play online. Driveclub is a beautiful racer focusing on team racing in a real world settings with real cars, I love the concept of it already. What did Nintendo give early Wii U adopters? A 2D Mario and a collection of tech demos called Nintendoland.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2teamaquashockPosted 2/21/2013 9:40:46 AM
But according to your skirmish around this board, you never wanted a Wii U.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#3Spade59Posted 2/21/2013 9:42:15 AM
exposed
#4MuryoPosted 2/21/2013 9:44:23 AM
Has anybody told him about the no backwards compatiblity and no transfer of game saves nor downloaded games?
#5SonyalwayzwinzPosted 2/21/2013 9:45:22 AM
teamaquashock posted...

Well can you blame him?? I mean just look at the Wii U.
---
SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY!
#6kingbadjoPosted 2/21/2013 9:46:52 AM
Also relevant to Tc's post:

I am butt-naked covering myself in oil.

Discuss
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#7Mattatron42Posted 2/21/2013 9:50:06 AM
be careful on any tile or other smooth surfaces
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#8PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:50:52 AM
teamaquashock posted...

Trust me, I have criticized Nintendo with good cause, but the PS4 just reinforces all my criticim
---
PSVita & 3DS
#9token_swordsmanPosted 2/21/2013 9:51:50 AM
So basicly you don't want a wii u an d you decided to tell us because...? You don't wnt it don't buy it you don't have to defend your hoice online unless you post about it in the first place. Go hang outon the ps4 or 360 boards *shrugs*
---
^ Typed this from my wii u ^
#10PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:52:20 AM
Muryo posted...
Has anybody told him about the no backwards compatiblity and no transfer of game saves nor downloaded games?

Uh what? Gaikai said that Sony green-lit being able to play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games via streaming
---
PSVita & 3DS