The PlayStation 4 exemplifies why I do not want a Wii U

#31HeaderHogPosted 2/21/2013 4:38:20 PM
pearl arowana posted...
not many people want wii u.. just look at sales

it just doing 50k a month in sales

ps3/360 are doing like 500+k a month

wii u is dead.

i think wii u is dead.. drones need to accept it. or do they need a closure?

Once again...
Off topic doom and gloom, kicking after the horse is already dead.
Move along, people.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#32tsizzle420Posted 2/21/2013 6:23:24 PM
pearl arowana posted...
not many people want wii u.. just look at sales

it just doing 50k a month in sales

ps3/360 are doing like 500+k a month

wii u is dead.

i think wii u is dead.. drones need to accept it. or do they need a closure?

The ps1 only sold one million in its first year. What will sony do?!?
---
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
#33rudgerlightPosted 2/21/2013 6:30:32 PM
Muryo posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Muryo posted...
Has anybody told him about the no backwards compatiblity and no transfer of game saves nor downloaded games?

Uh what? Gaikai said that Sony green-lit being able to play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games via streaming

For free or do you have to rebuy them again? and what about your downloaded games and saves ?

Developer's dream yes, consumers' not so much.

Don't forget that these aren't features that will launch with the system. They were very clear that they would roll this out slooooowly. They emphasized the slowness a few times. It was telling.
#34Banjo2553Posted 2/21/2013 6:33:11 PM
Everything about the PS4 reveal reminded me so much of the WiiU's reveal, actually. Right down to the part where they collaborated with a bunch of other devs to create the "game developer's dream." So...any reason why PS4 would be different?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#35guttertalkPosted 2/21/2013 7:56:51 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Muryo posted...
Has anybody told him about the no backwards compatiblity and no transfer of game saves nor downloaded games?

Uh what? Gaikai said that Sony green-lit being able to play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games via streaming

No, it's not backward compatible with retail or digital PS3 games. Get ready to buy them again with that PS4 "backward compatibility."
#36scoobydoobydontPosted 2/21/2013 7:59:42 PM
guttertalk posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Muryo posted...

No, it's not backward compatible with retail or digital PS3 games. Get ready to buy them again with that PS4 "backward compatibility."

I'd be more concerned with the limited selection. I mainly enjoy lesser known games, and they will not have the full PSone or 2 library available for streaming. It'll be about as "complete" as DD on PS3. That is to say, half the games I love will probably never, ever be on the service.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#37Stefan1277Posted 2/21/2013 8:04:18 PM
How simple minded fans can be. It's never the company or the console, it's always the rabid fans the ones to start trouble. If you, TC, are so dumb and simple to get pulled in by some shiny services that don't solve any real problems or add anything new to games or push any innovation boundaries, then, your opinion is as useless as you are.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#38MathewMansonPosted 2/21/2013 8:05:34 PM
Any gamer who has been around since the NES or SNES days knows that Nintendo does their own thing and doesn't care about other companies.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.