The PlayStation 4 exemplifies why I want a Wii U and a 3ds

#1ToastyAnakinPosted 2/21/2013 11:25:25 AM
The fact that Sony has thrown its loyal consumers under the bus is the final straw.

I don't know if Nintendo would do such a thing, but since they haven't they are good in my eyes.

I don't care about better looking FPS games than what we have. I want something new and interesting, which could be delivered from the Nintendo first party games.

I want my purchases and games to carry over, and they will If I get a wii u.

I want to purchase a system where the company values brand loyalty.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#2The_BoredomsPosted 2/21/2013 11:27:05 AM
Nintendo consoles are region locked. I consider that a fair bit worse than if they didn't play games made for a console I already own.
#3ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:29:08 AM
I can live with region locking. It may change in the future consoles.

I have never imported a game due to cost and language barrier.

But I understand why its important to others.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#4Bancario51Posted 2/21/2013 11:30:25 AM
EU/UK is also locked if you talking about language barrier.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#5devastatorX2Posted 2/21/2013 11:34:38 AM
Nintendo made the exact same low quality 2D mario platformer again with no story.
Complete with 20 second game ending.

If Nintendo still plans to be lazy with making games this time around too I am not buying many wii-u games.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/21/2013 11:35:41 AM
reassurance topic
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#7ArturiaZweiPosted 2/21/2013 11:36:15 AM
The fact that they didn't allow for backwards compatibility is bad.

We'll have to repurchase PS1-3 games and our PSN Downloads for each of those will not carry over.

With a couple exceptions, the games they displayed seemed like the same brand of nonsense that made me stray away from the third generation. And I'm pretty sure the only people claiming it to be REVOLUTIONARY are the people who would've been impressed regardless of what they showed.
#8rafiiillaPosted 2/21/2013 11:36:23 AM
Bancario51 posted...

This question is sincere and in no way a troll...

Why would I import something from EU? does Nintendo release games on EU that don't release on the US?

I've never had any problems on region-locked games, am I in the minority?
---
NNID: rafiiilla
#9ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:36:39 AM
But I don't own a nintendo home console. I just feel really betrayed by Sony, so Nintendo looks like such a great option right now.
---
#10AwayFromHerePosted 2/21/2013 11:38:24 AM
Bancario51 posted...

This question is sincere and in no way a troll...

Why would I import something from EU? does Nintendo release games on EU that don't release on the US?

I've never had any problems on region-locked games, am I in the minority?

XenoBlade Chronicles was released in the EU, IN ENGLISH, and they had no plans to bring it to NA. You couldn't import it.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.