So with the PS4 coming this holiday, is a Wii U price drop to be expected?

#31the_cajun88Posted 2/21/2013 8:46:06 PM
price drop is affected by system sales. if the WiiU sales increase and make big profits to Nintendo, there wont be any price drop

System sales are affected by game releases.....
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#32DarthFloatyPosted 2/21/2013 8:53:57 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I figure there could be a $50 price drop by the holidays right before the competition arrives given a decrease in development costs just to kill attention that the competition may have garnered. I don't think it'd be necessary but it would be a heavy blow if they did paired with the heavy hitter software releasing this year, but don't expect anything. Especially this soon.

This guys got it down. If you could get a Wii U for $250 with some AAA games coming out at that time, I think that would really help it's sales.
#33pearl arowanaPosted 2/21/2013 9:39:31 PM
LuigisBro posted...
Sony & MS can easily counter with price drops for the PS3 & 360

this.
and ps360 have some mega awesome games release this year..
and wii u?? Year of Luigi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl. to general masses wii u is not next gen

look at the sales.. nobody is buying wii u.. ps360 is doing like 5 times wii u sales on monthly basis
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#34Kentaro21Posted 2/21/2013 9:40:53 PM
Why would the Wii U get a price drop? The PS4 costs way more, and it's a lot more bland in my opinion.
#35ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 9:45:04 PM
We've all been saying a price drop will hit at PS4/720 launch.

I'd say a $300 bundle for the 32 GB model that comes with Mario Kart could move some systems.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#36vyseskiesPosted 2/25/2013 5:10:41 AM
the_cajun88 posted...
price drop is affected by system sales. if the WiiU sales increase and make big profits to Nintendo, there wont be any price drop

System sales are affected by game releases.....

of course, price affect sales too, so what i'm saying is that the WiiU won't necessarily have a price drop because of the PS4 release like TC asked, it's just a matter if the WiiU itself will sell well or not until there.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#37leopoldsharkPosted 2/25/2013 6:02:41 AM
I would think so. The main reason that the Wii and 3DS were runaway successes were because they were much cheaper than their competition (to be fair to 3DS, it needed a 33% price cut and it didn't really have that much competition other than PSP). I would say 50 dollar cut (250 for basic, 300 for deluxe, maybe bundle some more current games like Wii Fit U in addition to Nintendoland, who knows).

A lot of consumers (the "casuals" that people like to call them) are not well learned in the differences of each system as well as the future launch of games and will generally go for the cheapest one. PS4 and 720 will probably go through something similar to what the Wii U went through, with them selling at full price where Wii U will be able to benefit from a price cut, sales on games or consoles, and a wider library (as long as nothing else gets delayed *cough*). I doubt it'll be as bad as what we're seeing with the Wii U, but launches are generally like that.
#38DanteSInferno84Posted 2/25/2013 7:35:13 AM
pearl arowana posted...
LuigisBro posted...

this.
and wii u?? Year of Luigi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl. to general masses wii u is not next gen

look at the sales.. nobody is buying wii u.. ps360 is doing like 5 times wii u sales on monthly basis

The PS3 and 360 sales being higher are also due to them both being about 200 cheaper at the moment.

And the ones calling Wii U not next gen, are typically the ones who had no interest in buying a Nintendo product in the first place. A generation isn't determined by the power of hardware, its simply determined by release. Wii U came after Wii so thats all it takes for it to be the next gen for Nintendo.
#39excitebike64Posted 2/25/2013 9:44:18 AM
pearl arowana posted...
LuigisBro posted...

this.

If MS does the 360 like they plan to do this up coming holiday season (no disc drive) then it will be big sales for PS3 and WiiU this holiday season, and so-so sales for the newer stuff. Plus, there are still Wii's in the market. If anything gets a price drop, it will be the Wii for less than 99 dollars, maybe 75 dollars. That would really put a wrench in the situation.

That sells of the original WIi was amazing for such old tech last Christmas. I expect Nintendo to try it one last time, then ignore it 100% in 2014. As in, they may not even make any more. But then again, it depends if it sells.

And bundles everywhere. People will see crazy bundles.

Most people I've spoken to offline are not thrilled by the PS4, and the few that are, seriously won't have enough money this holiday.

Nintendo is waiting to ship that 100 million Wii, then the atmosphere will quickly change. More games, updated OS, bundles, ads, the WiiU will get hyped then.

Price is Right still gives away Wiis. That says a lot. about the brand name. Online users just don't get it. Nintendo is happy at where they stand. They are holding back for when it counts.