So about the MH demo...

#112wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:44:30 AM
Also why does this thing have to slide away every 10 seconds? It's hard enough to kill as it is!
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#12kdognumba1Posted 2/21/2013 11:59:38 AM
The ranged weapons are support and more tactical. The right shots, items, and set bonuses can make them do massive damage but don't expect to go in guns blazing. For more direct straight forward damage, try Great Swords.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#132wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 12:26:34 PM
kdognumba1 posted...
The ranged weapons are support and more tactical. The right shots, items, and set bonuses can make them do massive damage but don't expect to go in guns blazing. For more direct straight forward damage, try Great Swords.

Just tried that. Worst controls since Trine 2.
---
#14MotiJrPosted 2/21/2013 12:31:03 PM(edited)
I have a question. Are the battles as spammy in the actual game our is there an actual strategy in place? The biggest draw to me was that it takes strategy to attack weak points of monsters but in the demo I just randomised it. This is my first game by the way.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#15FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/21/2013 12:38:35 PM(edited)
MotiJr posted...
I have a question. Are the battles as spammy in the actual game our is there an actual strategy in place? The biggest draw to me was that it takes strategy to attack weak points of monsters but in the demo I just randomised it. This is my first game by the way.

yes there are battles that actually require strategy but you will also get monsters like the ones in the demo which can be beaten by dodging and attacking.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#162wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 12:54:49 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
MotiJr posted...

yes there are battles that actually require strategy but you will also get monsters like the ones in the demo which can be beaten by dodging and attacking.

You can dodge? I never would've known it could get more defensive than blocking with a Great Sword. Unless of course you mean that roll.
---
#17FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/21/2013 12:57:20 PM
2wingedangel posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
MotiJr posted...

You can dodge? I never would've known it could get more defensive than blocking with a Great Sword. Unless of course you mean that roll.

yes the dodge roll also with blocking with a GS it will wear your weapon out faster especially in the full game when your fighting monsters that take more than 10min to kill like the ones in the demo.
---
#18PikachuMittinsPosted 2/21/2013 1:05:35 PM
So glad they added Bows and Hunting Horns. Awesome support items. More of a support myself.
---
Official Light Director of the NDF/KDF/PDF/IDF
Playing: Pokemon White 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#19FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/21/2013 1:06:30 PM
PikachuMittins posted...
So glad they added Bows and Hunting Horns. Awesome support items. More of a support myself.

yea im liking the improvements to dual swords right now though much better lol
---