Upcomming games list is growing...

#1New LinkPosted 2/21/2013 11:42:25 AM
The past few days, a couple of new titles have been added to the 'upcoming games' list. I've yet to look into the newest, the other one looks like a Gauntlet style beat-em-up. It's a genre im a fan of, but im wary about a cartoon network game and not utterly excited about it.

I digress... The addition of these new titles has given me that gut feeling that we are about to see a surge of titles be added to that list. It will probably take a most of next quarter before it really populates, and probably a year before it has a really solid library, but for some reason i've got that feeling that it wont be much longer until this thing really starts to hit its stride. I expect a lot of shovelware as well, but who doesnt?

Anyway, i cant wait until Injustice comes out, and i'll be picking up Need for Speed when it comes out on Wii U (i played a bit on 360, my friends copy of the game, i liked it but it needed two-player to be fun with both of us there)
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#2New Link(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:51:57 PM
Posted this a few days back... just figured i'd give it a single bump because the list contiues to grow...

Can't wait till they announce Pikmin's date.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#3Kentaro21Posted 2/24/2013 8:00:06 PM
Every console has shovelware. The trick is knowing the difference between them and the games worth playing.
#4IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/24/2013 8:02:18 PM
I agree with your analysis. Yes, the Wii U is having a rough go of things, and let's face it, UbiSoft pulling that dick move with Rayman Legends did NOT help matters out at all. But as I said before to others, if there is one thing I've learned, it is NEVER count NIntendo out of the business. Oh they screw up, and big time at that, but they almost always figure out a way to right the ship and in the end they almost always sell well.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#5Kentaro21Posted 2/24/2013 8:12:32 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
I agree with your analysis. Yes, the Wii U is having a rough go of things, and let's face it, UbiSoft pulling that dick move with Rayman Legends did NOT help matters out at all. But as I said before to others, if there is one thing I've learned, it is NEVER count NIntendo out of the business. Oh they screw up, and big time at that, but they almost always figure out a way to right the ship and in the end they almost always sell well.

Except in the case of the Virtual Boy. Nothing could have saved that. But I digest.

Nintendo will pull themselves out of this, like they always do.
#6jillwarrenPosted 2/24/2013 8:21:13 PM
Kentaro21 posted...

Except in the case of the Virtual Boy. Nothing could have saved that. But I digest.

As a proud Virtual Boy at launch owner, I disagree. They COULD have made it profitable; the 3d was great. The problem really came from them not having any real software for it at all. I can count on one had the great Virtual Boy Games; all of the rest were beyond shovleware. It really does make you wonder what they were thinking. The console could have worked, as is, but they were releasing games like Nester's Funky Bowling? What??? Warioland and Red Alarm are proof that the concept and the system could work. Really though, they should have perfected it before it hit the market.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#7Kentaro21Posted 2/24/2013 8:25:05 PM
jillwarren posted...
Kentaro21 posted...

As a proud Virtual Boy at launch owner, I disagree. They COULD have made it profitable; the 3d was great. The problem really came from them not having any real software for it at all. I can count on one had the great Virtual Boy Games; all of the rest were beyond shovleware. It really does make you wonder what they were thinking. The console could have worked, as is, but they were releasing games like Nester's Funky Bowling? What??? Warioland and Red Alarm are proof that the concept and the system could work. Really though, they should have perfected it before it hit the market.

Perhaps you're right. I could have been great. I'm not saying it was bad, but the damage sadly had already been done.
#8xXDa-KidXxPosted 2/24/2013 8:31:32 PM(edited)
Yarn Yoshi.
Watch_Dogs.
X (Monolith Soft)
Bayonetta 2.
LEGO City: Undercover.
The Wonderful 101.
Mario Kart U.
Wind Waker HD Remake.
Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate.

And some more Third-Party games are to be announced soon according to Nintendo.
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]