Stop trying to defend the frickin Wii-U from the PS4 - . -

#1SsliasilPosted 2/21/2013 1:04:32 PM
Stop it. Just stop it.

They are on completely different levels in every possible way.

I love me some Nintendo just as much as the next guy but saying the Wii-U is even remotely comparable to the PS4 is delusional. Tech-wise, the differences are comparable to the distance between Wii and PS3.

For instance, lets look at RAM.

The Wii-U has 2GB of GDDR3 RAM.

The PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 RAM

1GB of GDDR5 can equal and at time out perform the performance of 2GB of GDDR3 because it is MUCH faster at processing information. The infrastructure of GDDR5 also uses less energy than its GDDR3 counterpart.

This means that not only does the PS4 have 4 times the RAM, it has Much higher quality of RAM as well.

(For reference, If you wanted to get 8GB of GDDR5 RAM on your PC right now, be prepared to spend $3000...Even though such RAM isnt commercially available in such quantities yet.)

The RAM alone dwarfs anything the Wii-U can do and thats without taking into consideration the CPU and GPU.

(Each system uses approx. 1 GB RAM for it's Operating System)

WII-U will not be a Next Gen Multiplatform system, much like the Wii before it. Nintendo will again have to rely on Mario and the first True-HD Zelda title to power it's console after the PS4/720 release. Luckily they have that luxury.

I would be more than happy to buy a Wii-U just for Zelda games, EXTREMELY happy to in fact.

But would you please, for the love of all that is good for you...Stop saying the WIi-U can keep pace power-wise with the PS4, you sound foolish.
---
"Ya know?" Wakka FF X and X-2.
#2wugeezyPosted 2/21/2013 1:05:28 PM
How about we stop talking about the ps4 ON THE WII U Board?
#3zender1999Posted 2/21/2013 1:06:19 PM
can the ps4 play nintendo first party games? because that is the first thing i look at before buyng a console
#4SS4kronos33Posted 2/21/2013 1:07:50 PM(edited)
wugeezy
Posted 2/21/2013 2:05:28 PM
message detail
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^^ this
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
#5Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/21/2013 1:07:39 PM(edited)
Does the ps4 have any exculsive's that give a damn? No? Didn't think so.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#6xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/21/2013 1:07:17 PM
wugeezy posted...

---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#7powerade911Posted 2/21/2013 1:07:32 PM
wugeezy posted...

---
If i'm lying, then i am telling the truth... and i'm not so peace out! [-_-] V
3DS friend code: 2852-7176-3469 WiiU: DarkBright
#8PigfartsPosted 2/21/2013 1:08:15 PM
SS4kronos33 posted...
^^^^^ this

Will the Ps4 be getting homebrew in a few months, that what I look for as a signal to buy a nintendo console.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#9DiscostewSMPosted 2/21/2013 1:08:48 PM
Wii U has DDR3, not GDDR3. TC's attack is invalid.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10TheBonfiniPosted 2/21/2013 1:09:28 PM
Only the most blind fanboys who are ignorant of hardware specs would ever dispute that. PS4 specs would perform games a lot better than some of the specs you read in people's sigs.

Have this kind of ram is going to benefit PC gaming. pS4 won't be better technically than top tier PC rigs but it removes the bottleneck of terrible ram from current gen 360/Wii-U/ps3.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg