Thinking back to the Zelda tech demo...

#1iKhanicPosted 2/21/2013 3:12:14 PM
From the Wii U gameplay footage I've seen, I feel like we haven't seen the best Wii U can offer yet. None of it really looks up to par with that Zelda tech demo.

What do you think, has the Wii U's full potential already been tapped?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2BenzychenzPosted 2/21/2013 3:14:07 PM
iKhanic posted...

What? Of course it hasn't. Give it a year or two at the very least.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#3justin_mcPosted 2/21/2013 3:16:45 PM
Not even close, I would say. Games developed and optimized with the Wii U in mind will likely look considerably better than 360/PS3 tites. It's essentially about like I thought it would be, after seeing the PS4 titles in action.
#4TrstTheLordPosted 2/21/2013 3:23:48 PM
Its quite possible the Zelda tech demo isn't even the Wii U's full potential. Think about that.
---
Got married May 23,2009
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org Save thePolarBears!
#5SlimeSwayzePosted 2/21/2013 3:25:30 PM
iKhanic posted...
From the Wii U gameplay footage I've seen, I feel like we haven't seen the best Wii U can offer yet. None of it really looks up to par with that Zelda tech demo.

We haven't even seen a single fully 3D AAA first party game from Nintendo yet. Until I see what they can do with their own hardware, I would expect we haven't come very close to seeing the full capabilities. When the first gameplay footage of a brand new Mario, Metroid, or Zelda start popping up, I think we'll have a better idea of what it can really do.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/21/2013 3:28:05 PM
With the wii nintendo was the only one that truly could figure the system out actually put out a game that looked better than the gamecube i have a feeling it will be the same with wii u.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7nonexistingheroPosted 2/21/2013 3:28:19 PM
To be honest, I think the Wii U Zelda game will look at least as good as the tech demo. So far, Zelda games have always looked better than their tech demos. This one looked pretty amazing, so I can understand if they can't make it look better, but at the very least I hope it won't look any worse.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8meiyukiPosted 2/21/2013 3:30:00 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...

We haven't even seen a single fully 3D AAA first party game from Nintendo yet. Until I see what they can do with their own hardware, I would expect we haven't come very close to seeing the full capabilities. When the first gameplay footage of a brand new Mario, Metroid, or Zelda start popping up, I think we'll have a better idea of what it can really do.

We've seen X.
#9ElectricMolePosted 2/21/2013 3:35:32 PM
The new Zelda will bring out the best in the Wii U. And I don't mean that bleh remake of wind walker. The Zelda tech demo is still impressive to this day, so imagine what the final game will be.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188