Where is Sonic?

#31FrizzurdPosted 2/22/2013 2:05:26 AM
Sonic should join Crash Bandicoot in video game hell
#32AhnoldDoodPosted 2/22/2013 2:06:10 AM
mjc0961 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Sonic is still in shock that his last two 3D games were actually good.

No he's not, because only Generations was good. Maybe he's still in shock that people still pretend to like Colors.

You keep living in that little bubble, bro.
#33SquareSidePosted 2/22/2013 5:28:01 AM
Frizzurd posted...

---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#34DTY3Posted 2/22/2013 5:32:04 AM
Terotrous posted...
DTY3 posted...
I find Adventure 2 to be largely mediocre, and a step back from Adventure 1 in terms of gameplay

I find that Sonic Adventure 2 has the best 3D Sonic gameplay of any 3D Sonic game. The levels are much faster, larger, and more interesting than the ones in SA1, and grinding and the faster light speed dash are great additions for finding hidden tricks / shortcuts.

I also find SA2's presentation is generally quite good. SA1 is fine here too, they both have a fairly significant edge over Colors in terms of story and that epicness factor.

Of course, the problem with SA2 is that there's too much filler. I don't totally hate shooting and treasure hunting, but they take up too much of the game. Rather than the 30 / 40 / 30 mix the game had, it should have been like 60 / 20 / 20. It's tolerable when playing through the Hero story (it mixes up the gameplay types reasonably well), but the Dark story is a chore because there's way too much Eggman.

If Sonic Adventure 3 can preserve or improve the SA2 Sonic gameplay and strike the right balance of gameplay types it could finally be the return to glory for Sonic we've been waiting almost 20 years for.

The only thing SA2 did better was graphics, voice acting and animation.

Sonic's levels became hallways with barelyany platforming and no depth. There are no SA2 levels like Lost World or Red Mountain. The closest being Crazy Gadget, but that level sucks because of awkward antigrav controls.

SHADOW, THE NEW HYPED UP CHARACTER ONLY HAD FOUR STAGES.

This made Dark story unbearable.

Treasure Hunting got worse. Now the stages are larger and more padded out, and not only does the radar only detect ONE shard at a time, there are only three levels of warmth (wtf sega how could you screw that up)

Mech shooting is clunkier and now theres like 30 times more of those stages.

Oh and you HAVE to play through all the crap.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#35TerotrousPosted 2/22/2013 7:16:18 AM
DTY3 posted...
The only thing SA2 did better was graphics, voice acting and animation.

That's basically what I meant by presentation.

Sonic's levels became hallways with barelyany platforming and no depth. There are no SA2 levels like Lost World or Red Mountain. The closest being Crazy Gadget, but that level sucks because of awkward antigrav controls.

Uhh, Lost World is almost exactly like Pyramid Cave. The puzzles in Pyramid Cave are just slightly less annoying.

And the linear levels in SA2 are much better because of the opportunities to do "stunts" of varying types and gain bonus points. City Escape is way more entertaining than Emerald Coast, and Crazy Gadget is far more tolerable than Sky Deck.

SHADOW, THE NEW HYPED UP CHARACTER ONLY HAD FOUR STAGES.

This made Dark story unbearable.

I already noted this as a problem.

Treasure Hunting got worse. Now the stages are larger and more padded out, and not only does the radar only detect ONE shard at a time, there are only three levels of warmth (wtf sega how could you screw that up)

Mech shooting is clunkier and now theres like 30 times more of those stages.

IMO mech shooting is significantly better in SA2, it controls better and the combo system makes it much more tolerable, though the fact that there's more of it is indeed lame.

Oh and you HAVE to play through all the crap.

If you want to beat SA1 you have to play it too.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#36nintendo3000Posted 2/22/2013 7:25:07 AM
Frizzurd posted...

Is Spyro there as well?
---
Metroid Prime 4 needs to happen!!!
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#37jackorhoadsPosted 2/22/2013 7:29:04 AM
sentoworf posted...
Expect a sequel to the critically acclaimed Sonic The Hedgehog in this e3

no...no....noooooooooooooooooo!
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#38FrizzurdPosted 2/23/2013 9:15:24 PM
nintendo3000 posted...
Frizzurd posted...

Is Spyro there as well?

No, but he should be....along with Bubsy the Bobcat, Aereo the Acrobat, Jaggoff and Daxter and on and on