If Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and Batman all sold poorly at launch

#11DiscostewSMPosted 2/21/2013 3:36:21 PM
liveman789 posted...
Those were already released games.

Unlike last generation, Wii U will be able to play the same games as PS4 and Xbox 720. Maybe not as fast loading, but it'll still be doable. There should be no reason for a third party developer to ignore Nintendo this time around, unless they cannot think of a way to utilize the gamepad.

If you really think about it, if a game for the PS4/720 can be ported to the Wii U but at the cost of downgrading, yet is still better than what the PS3/360 can do, then is it really a major problem? This isn't like downgrading a game from PS3 to PS2, or even PS2 to N64. This is more like downgrading from Xbox to PS2, but with the conversion quality still higher than PS3/360.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#12Jaime_BennPosted 2/21/2013 3:39:02 PM(edited)
DifferentialEquation posted...
they'll earn from their mistakes by not releasing another game on the Wii U

*learn and no, it would not be in their best interests to ignore a market.

Well, companies are ignoring the 360 Japanese market. Then again, the 360 sells like 1000 a month there. Metal Gear Rising wasn't/won't be released in Japan. Think FFXIII-2 wasn't released either.
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#13googlerPosted 2/21/2013 4:18:39 PM
liveman789 posted...
Those were already released games.

Unlike last generation, Wii U will be able to play the same games as PS4 and Xbox 720. Maybe not as fast loading, but it'll still be doable. There should be no reason for a third party developer to ignore Nintendo this time around, unless they cannot think of a way to utilize the gamepad.

that's pretty ignorant. RAM has a huge component in gaming.
#14laxnd23Posted 2/21/2013 4:22:31 PM
Atralis posted...
What makes you think that the Wii U will keep getting third party support?

I understand the reasons why these games sold poorly but I also understand that the publishers read their poor sales as meaning that their games will continue to sell poorly on the Wii U.

But publishers are also not as stupid as you apparently think they are. They care about sales, yes, but they also figure out why sales are as high or as low as they are. In this case, they probably realized asking some people to pay $360-$410 for one of those games on Wii U compared to the max $60 on PS3 or 360 was pretty dumb. It's going to be funny watching the same thing happen to the 720 and the PS4.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#15SuperShadowAcePosted 2/21/2013 4:25:52 PM
Those failed because they were sloppy ports of games anyone who cares about them has already played.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#16SegavsCapcomPosted 2/21/2013 4:26:22 PM
The problem is everyone who wanted to play ME3, AS3, or Arkham City already played it on existing consoles. There was little to no incentive to spend $300+ to play the same game.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#17GdboyratedloudPosted 2/21/2013 4:39:00 PM
i want you to look up sales data on launch games of ps360 then tell me wii u games sold poorly.

ps3 launch games lifetime sales

call of duty 3 1.3 million
genji 720k
marvel ultimate alliance 340k
ridge racer 1.31 million
resistance 4.12 million
madden 510k

those sales arent impressive and are lifetime sales. Maybe you should do your research before you speak?
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
List of drones exposed: SSJ4CHRIS
#18DrumguyPosted 2/21/2013 4:40:12 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
The Wii U's RAM is pretty pins compared to the PS4. I'm not sure if games will be able to be ported. Not to mention the lack of buttons on the tablet can also affect controls.

They have the same number of buttons. Wii U controller has more if you count the Home and +/- buttons.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#19icarus231Posted 2/21/2013 4:43:28 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
i want you to look up sales data on launch games of ps360 then tell me wii u games sold poorly.

ps3 launch games lifetime sales

call of duty 3 1.3 million
genji 720k
marvel ultimate alliance 340k
ridge racer 1.31 million
resistance 4.12 million
madden 510k

those sales arent impressive and are lifetime sales. Maybe you should do your research before you speak?

wii u is 3 months old , potentially the launch ports could still do good
#20mjc0961Posted 2/21/2013 5:06:13 PM(edited)
Godstriker8 posted...
The Wii U's RAM is pretty pins compared to the PS4. I'm not sure if games will be able to be ported. Not to mention the lack of buttons on the tablet can also affect controls.

The lack of buttons?

PS 4 dpad - Wii U dpad
PS4 two analog sticks that click for another button - Wii U two analog sticks that click for another button
PS4 4 shoulder buttons - Wii U 4 shoulder buttons
PS4 4 face buttons - Wii U 4 face buttons
PS4 nothing - Wii U start and select
PS4 share and options - Wii U nothing
PS4 home button - Wii U home button

That's the same number of total buttons, genius. Plus they both have a touch input, PS4 having that little pad and Wii U having that giant screen.

So where's this lack of buttons that's going to hurt controls of the Wii U version?

Drumguy posted...
Godstriker8 posted...

They have the same number of buttons. Wii U controller has more if you count the Home and +/- buttons.

No, because PS4 has home and share/options buttons. It evens out.

The only way Wii U has more buttons is if you count the TV button, but anyone who counts that button is a buffoon because it's not a gameplay button that developers can map a control to.

EDIT: Actually never mind. Share isn't a gameplay button either, which means PS4 does have less buttons. Never mind me, just being a dumbass over here. :p
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.