If Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and Batman all sold poorly at launch

#21akuma634Posted 2/21/2013 5:09:22 PM
Most gamers played all those games last year. Hardly anybody owned just a Wii. It's more to get more games on Wii U and try to entice fans of those games to rebuy them for Wii U because of new features.
#22DrumguyPosted 2/21/2013 5:33:23 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
The Wii U's RAM is pretty pins compared to the PS4. I'm not sure if games will be able to be ported. Not to mention the lack of buttons on the tablet can also affect controls.

The lack of buttons?

PS 4 dpad - Wii U dpad
PS4 two analog sticks that click for another button - Wii U two analog sticks that click for another button
PS4 4 shoulder buttons - Wii U 4 shoulder buttons
PS4 4 face buttons - Wii U 4 face buttons
PS4 nothing - Wii U start and select
PS4 share and options - Wii U nothing
PS4 home button - Wii U home button

That's the same number of total buttons, genius. Plus they both have a touch input, PS4 having that little pad and Wii U having that giant screen.

So where's this lack of buttons that's going to hurt controls of the Wii U version?

Drumguy posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
The Wii U's RAM is pretty pins compared to the PS4. I'm not sure if games will be able to be ported. Not to mention the lack of buttons on the tablet can also affect controls.

They have the same number of buttons. Wii U controller has more if you count the Home and +/- buttons.

No, because PS4 has home and share/options buttons. It evens out.

The only way Wii U has more buttons is if you count the TV button, but anyone who counts that button is a buffoon because it's not a gameplay button that developers can map a control to.

EDIT: Actually never mind. Share isn't a gameplay button either, which means PS4 does have less buttons. Never mind me, just being a dumbass over here. :p

I actually thought there was a "share" button too. Props to ya for admitting the mistake. :)
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#23GdboyratedloudPosted 2/21/2013 5:34:40 PM
icarus231 posted...
Gdboyratedloud posted...
i want you to look up sales data on launch games of ps360 then tell me wii u games sold poorly.

ps3 launch games lifetime sales

call of duty 3 1.3 million
genji 720k
marvel ultimate alliance 340k
ridge racer 1.31 million
resistance 4.12 million
madden 510k

those sales arent impressive and are lifetime sales. Maybe you should do your research before you speak?

wii u is 3 months old , potentially the launch ports could still do good

exactly
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
List of drones exposed: SSJ4CHRIS