Anyone else not care much what specs a system has?

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 2/21/2013 5:16:11 PM(edited)
I'd like to say that I don't care as long as the games are fun but, truth be told, my Wii was largely a dust collecting paperweight simply because the games looked like vaseline covered crap when viewed on a 1080p native display. It kills me to think about all of the excellent games I missed out on just because I couldn't get over the fact that they looked like a blurry mess on my ISF calibrated screen. :(

That's probably why I have no regrets having purchased a Wii U simply to play a Mario game in High Definition on a Nintendo console. Thanks, Nintendo. I only had to wait 12 years after purchasing my first HDTV.
#12STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:19:22 PM
I do see how great graphics makes the games more enjoyable to play. I don't play games solely because they look amazing. They have to be fun first of all. Looking pretty is just a bonus.
#13Oni_TaedoPosted 2/21/2013 5:22:51 PM
STN79 posted...
Yeah i'm not your typical gamer. To me they are entertainment but also sanctuary. As a kid it was my only escape from screaming arguing adults and peer pressure. While most kids were smoking pot or causing trouble i was in my room hanging out with the Mario bros. I was practically raised by videogames. They make me feel warm and fuzzy when i'm feeling blue.

^What this guy said.

Video games & weights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> social interaction.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#14Reflex-ArcPosted 2/21/2013 5:24:15 PM
I think that's what irks me the most. I know there were dozens upon dozens of incredibly fun Wii games that I skipped because the HD consoles and my PC turned me into a resolution snob specs whore.

I hate that about my gamer self. :(
#15trenkenPosted 2/21/2013 5:24:59 PM
STN79 posted...
I don't know enough about technical mumbo jumbo to give a damn. You think anyone cared what specs the Gameboy had? I never got the whole console wars thing either. I'm not loyal to any one company. I'll play videogames anywhere and everywhere i can find them.

Specs matter. If they didnt, Im sure there are plenty of great 8 bit games that could keep you busy for years.

If specs didnt matter, there would be no reason for Nintendo even release a Wii U. They could have patched much of what the U does into the Wii, or release a revised Wii that works with a gamepad and the same hardware inside and sell it for $199.

Anyone that says specs dont matter to them is probably just trying to justify the fact the there are stronger consoles on the way.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#16Baha05Posted 2/21/2013 5:27:27 PM
Yeah pretty much the same as long as we are roughly on par or better then PS3/360. Honestly graphic wise I think that is a good benchmark and things like Avatar level graphics for gameplay will be the cap.

Then it;s a matter of tech to make the gameplay and graphics work.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#17PsyrenCallPosted 2/21/2013 5:29:43 PM
I care simply because the Wii U is now limited in comparison to other consoles. Combine that with lower processing capabilities having a severe impact on gameplay, and I don't have much hope for the Wii U. But then again I buy for first party.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#18Lefty128kPosted 2/21/2013 5:31:23 PM
Wii U > PS360
"Wii U has better graphics and specs." -Nintendo fanboy

PS4 > Wii U
"Graphics and specs don't matter." -Nintendo fanboy
#19trenkenPosted 2/21/2013 5:52:22 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Wii U > PS360
"Wii U has better graphics and specs." -Nintendo fanboy

PS4 > Wii U
"Graphics and specs don't matter." -Nintendo fanboy

This guy pretty much nailed it.