Anyone else not care much what specs a system has?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else not care much what specs a system has?
3 years ago#11
I'd like to say that I don't care as long as the games are fun but, truth be told, my Wii was largely a dust collecting paperweight simply because the games looked like vaseline covered crap when viewed on a 1080p native display. It kills me to think about all of the excellent games I missed out on just because I couldn't get over the fact that they looked like a blurry mess on my ISF calibrated screen. :(

That's probably why I have no regrets having purchased a Wii U simply to play a Mario game in High Definition on a Nintendo console. Thanks, Nintendo. I only had to wait 12 years after purchasing my first HDTV.
3 years ago#12
I do see how great graphics makes the games more enjoyable to play. I don't play games solely because they look amazing. They have to be fun first of all. Looking pretty is just a bonus.
3 years ago#13
STN79 posted...
Yeah i'm not your typical gamer. To me they are entertainment but also sanctuary. As a kid it was my only escape from screaming arguing adults and peer pressure. While most kids were smoking pot or causing trouble i was in my room hanging out with the Mario bros. I was practically raised by videogames. They make me feel warm and fuzzy when i'm feeling blue.

^What this guy said.

Video games & weights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> social interaction.
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
3 years ago#14
I think that's what irks me the most. I know there were dozens upon dozens of incredibly fun Wii games that I skipped because the HD consoles and my PC turned me into a resolution snob specs whore.

I hate that about my gamer self. :(
3 years ago#15
STN79 posted...
I don't know enough about technical mumbo jumbo to give a damn. You think anyone cared what specs the Gameboy had? I never got the whole console wars thing either. I'm not loyal to any one company. I'll play videogames anywhere and everywhere i can find them.

Specs matter. If they didnt, Im sure there are plenty of great 8 bit games that could keep you busy for years.

If specs didnt matter, there would be no reason for Nintendo even release a Wii U. They could have patched much of what the U does into the Wii, or release a revised Wii that works with a gamepad and the same hardware inside and sell it for $199.

Anyone that says specs dont matter to them is probably just trying to justify the fact the there are stronger consoles on the way.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
3 years ago#16
Yeah pretty much the same as long as we are roughly on par or better then PS3/360. Honestly graphic wise I think that is a good benchmark and things like Avatar level graphics for gameplay will be the cap.

Then it;s a matter of tech to make the gameplay and graphics work.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
3 years ago#17
I care simply because the Wii U is now limited in comparison to other consoles. Combine that with lower processing capabilities having a severe impact on gameplay, and I don't have much hope for the Wii U. But then again I buy for first party.
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
3 years ago#18
Wii U > PS360
"Wii U has better graphics and specs." -Nintendo fanboy

PS4 > Wii U
"Graphics and specs don't matter." -Nintendo fanboy
3 years ago#19
Lefty128k posted...
Wii U > PS360
"Wii U has better graphics and specs." -Nintendo fanboy

PS4 > Wii U
"Graphics and specs don't matter." -Nintendo fanboy

This guy pretty much nailed it.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else not care much what specs a system has?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived