Wii U & Monster Hunter

#1NelloAngeloPosted 2/21/2013 4:01:21 PM
Huge Monster Hunter fan here, played it day one on ps2 and put hundreds of hours into each psp game. Re-bought a Wii just to play tri and imported Monster Hunter 3rd HD for PS3. I am deeply saddened that in order to play my favorite franchise I have to buy a new system (zombie U system seems the best deal no ?) I don't know if it's been discussed to death, if so I'm sorry, but is there any word or plans for a price cut in the immediate future? Wish it would come back to playstation :/
---
~ La Vita Nuova ~
#2icarus231Posted 2/21/2013 4:03:00 PM
NelloAngelo posted...
Huge Monster Hunter fan here, played it day one on ps2 and put hundreds of hours into each psp game. Re-bought a Wii just to play tri and imported Monster Hunter 3rd HD for PS3. I am deeply saddened that in order to play my favorite franchise I have to buy a new system (zombie U system seems the best deal no ?) I don't know if it's been discussed to death, if so I'm sorry, but is there any word or plans for a price cut in the immediate future? Wish it would come back to playstation :/

no price cut and zombie bundle is a great deal
#3NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:05:53 PM
Ok cool thank you for the post, yeah it definitely looks like the better purchase from the available options.
---
~ La Vita Nuova ~
#4NerdstickPosted 2/21/2013 4:06:54 PM
Or you can get a used WiiU for a huge discount. Bear in mind that MH3U seems to be a bare-bones port of the 3DS game.
#5nbean16Posted 2/21/2013 4:09:36 PM
Nerdstick posted...
Or you can get a used WiiU for a huge discount. Bear in mind that MH3U seems to be a bare-bones port of the 3DS game.

Bare bones in what way?
#6icarus231Posted 2/21/2013 4:09:38 PM
Nerdstick posted...

ignore him, he knows not what he speaks of
#7NerdstickPosted 2/21/2013 4:11:16 PM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

In which regard? For 350 (30 less than the bundle) I picked up a WiiU with five games and a pro controller.

As far as MH3U, it doesn't support off-tv play, iffy framerate, has 0 new features apart from online play from the 3DS version. It's just the 3DS version in HD. Barebone Port.
#8NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:12:50 PM(edited)
Do you know the price point on a used WiiU? Checked the GameStop website to no avail.

Edit: there we go never mind heh just saw the new posts.
---
~ La Vita Nuova ~
#9NerdstickPosted 2/21/2013 4:13:46 PM(edited)
I got mine off of eBay. You'll have to shop around but a basic WiiU can be found pretty easily for 240. Lots can get you a bunch of nearly free games.
#10icarus231Posted 2/21/2013 4:13:58 PM
Nerdstick posted...
icarus231 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

In which regard? For 350 (30 less than the bundle) I picked up a WiiU with five games and a pro controller.

As far as MH3U, it doesn't support off-tv play, iffy framerate, has 0 new features apart from online play from the 3DS version. It's just the 3DS version in HD. Barebone Port.

I doubt it