completely exposing the hypocrisy in the video game community

#1GdboyratedloudPosted 2/21/2013 6:13:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKTg-eSfbbA

love this video.

to highlight the points:
1. When Lego City was shown off it was bashed to hell for being more casual, but the first shown PS4 game was a casual game. EXPOSED

2. Miiverse was bashed but they got there own little comment section and its the best thing ever. Live streaming yeah!!!! EXPOSED

3. No GCN backwards compatibility oh Nintendo is greedy, but PS4 has NO bc. EXPOSED

4. Wii U tech demos are shown, oh Wii U cant do that, when PS4 tech demos are shown. Look at the graphics!!!!!! EXPOSED

5. Another Mario game. Mario is milked. Another Killzone game. OMGGGGGG..... EXPOSED

gotta love that hypocrisy. Lemme subscribe to this dude.
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
List of drones exposed: SSJ4CHRIS
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 6:16:07 PM
People confuse a game being age-appropriate with being casual.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3XRay2984Posted 2/21/2013 6:17:17 PM
The best post I've seen here in a while - not that it'll keep the Sony trolls at bay. Admirable effort though :)
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#4Beatperson14Posted 2/21/2013 6:19:47 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

This. It isn't a shovelware popcap game FFS
#5Gdboyratedloud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:24:15 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

This. It isn't a shovelware popcap game FFS

Right, im 24 and Knack and Lego City both look good to me. Guess im a casual by definitions in the community.
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
List of drones exposed: SSJ4CHRIS
#6DakhanavarXPosted 2/21/2013 6:30:27 PM
The problem I have with this video is that it's based on the assumption that the same person that disliked everything the Wii U did then liked everything the PS4 did. Odds are these are mostly different people and/or they liked/disliked both of them. For people that switched it up, yeah, that's hypocritical, but I don't think this "hypocrisy" applies to most.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#7DifferentialEquationPosted 2/21/2013 6:34:39 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...

2. Miiverse was bashed but they got there own little comment section and its the best thing ever. Live streaming yeah!!!! EXPOSED

That's because Miiverse is like a 1990 AOL message board compared the PS4's social networking.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#8DynheartPosted 2/21/2013 6:36:46 PM
DakhanavarX posted...
The problem I have with this video is that it's based on the assumption that the same person that disliked everything the Wii U did then liked everything the PS4 did. Odds are these are mostly different people and/or they liked/disliked both of them. For people that switched it up, yeah, that's hypocritical, but I don't think this "hypocrisy" applies to most.

True. But I think his video is directed at the vocal minority....which seems to think they are the voice for their respective fan base, just because they post on a forum/are active, and the others are not.

I have read that bad assumption time and time again.

Honestly? Games are games. Fun is fun. HD is HD. Some are pretty that others, but it really doesn't matter, does it? Nintendo has a certain appeal, they always have. And that has always been their draw. The people who post here don't seem to get that. They think it's graphics or nothing at all.

It that's the case, I would have stopped gaming a long time ago.
---
Currently playing: DoA 4, Plants VS Zombies, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#9DynheartPosted 2/21/2013 6:37:59 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Gdboyratedloud posted...

That's because Miiverse is like a 1990 AOL message board compared the PS4's social networking.

Yet people are enjoying it...who cares?

People like yourself are the problem with the industry today.
---
Currently playing: DoA 4, Plants VS Zombies, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#10DifferentialEquationPosted 2/21/2013 6:39:37 PM
Dynheart posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
Gdboyratedloud posted...

Yet people are enjoying it...who cares?

People like yourself are the problem with the industry today.

That's fine if people are enjoying. Nintendo was treating it like some revolutionary feature though. It would be like a car company acting like a cup holder is some amazing feature.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.