completely exposing the hypocrisy in the video game community

#31AkaneJonesPosted 2/22/2013 6:29:29 AM
XphoenixedgeX posted...

You have to be kidding me. Separating the Mario games because of them being 3D and 2D? Also, the spin-off games count as well, no matter what you say, they still involve Mario or Mario related characters.
This is probably one of the most ridiculous counter-arguments I've seen.

I'll give you the comment about the 6 Killzones instead of 4 though, I forgot about the Liberation and Mercenary.

Obviously you didn't even watch the video then. Wario Land is no more a Mario Game than Tetris. He shows up about as much in both. Smash Bros is not a Mario game. Wario Ware is not a Mario. You might as well call a Playstation All-stars a God of War game. The 3D games became their own entity the minute they stopped making 2D ones then came back after an absents. Up until New Super Mario Bros. it was possible to except 3D as it's progression, but not any more.
#32game freakozoidPosted 2/22/2013 6:34:47 AM
lol! So, it's the character not the actual games... if the Killzone guy had his own 2D, golf, baseball, Kart and fighting games, then it would be a problem, right?

Sorry... I had to interrupt...

Uh....yeah. Seriously do people not realize what it means to milk a franchise?

Obviously you didn't even watch the video then. Wario Land is no more a Mario Game than Tetris. He shows up about as much in both. Smash Bros is not a Mario game. Wario Ware is not a Mario. You might as well call a Playstation All-stars a God of War game. The 3D games became their own entity the minute they stopped making 2D ones then came back after an absents. Up until New Super Mario Bros. it was possible to except 3D as it's progression, but not any more.

Way to take his argument to the extreme while actually ignoring what he said. And lol at saying that the 2D and 3D games make Mario all of a sudden not milked just because they changed dimension (when all franchises were doing so not to mention).
#33lp913Posted 2/23/2013 12:17:57 PM
All gaming franchises at this point in time are MILKED otherwise, they wouldn't be franchises to begin with, how is this even a dispute? :/
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#34game freakozoidPosted 2/23/2013 2:18:41 PM
lp913 posted...
All gaming franchises at this point in time are MILKED otherwise, they wouldn't be franchises to begin with, how is this even a dispute? :/

Because a franchise doesn't necessarily mean something is milked. Never has and never will.