Does the gamepad lose power when not in use?

#1Murderstorm117Posted 2/21/2013 6:52:00 PM
I just turned it on for the first time and months and it started flashing red and died even though I left it fully charged last time it was used
#2cucumberkingPosted 2/21/2013 6:54:13 PM
I see what you did there.
#3WideAwakePosted 2/21/2013 6:54:33 PM
Mine was close to dying when I left last week, and was still close to dying when I got back yesterday (6 Days)
---
NN: WideAwake5
#4TangoBunnyPosted 2/21/2013 7:20:15 PM
I didn't turn on my WiiU for a couple of months too, and the gamepad lost all of its power (from fully charged to non-responding).

(And, no, this isn't a troll post, I'm just not really into NSMB games, and haven't felt like playing any Warriors Orochi 3 or NintendoLand, which were the games I got at launch)
---
Female pronouns are appreciated when responding to this user's posts! ~ http://tangobunny.webs.com
#5NeoSamuelPosted 2/21/2013 7:40:02 PM
When batterys are in the device (or built in rechargeables) will slowly drain over time. This is the same with all electrionic devices.
---
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.
#6krzysio87Posted 2/21/2013 7:43:27 PM(edited)
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. After a week or so of not playing, no battery, none at all.

There's really no reason for to battery to drain so quickly, even if it's not the biggest problem since I prefer to keep the GamePad plugged in. Still, I'd like to know if this is a common occurrence or not and if it's something Nintendo would repair.
#7Sailor GoonPosted 2/21/2013 8:02:02 PM
thats normal for all electronic devices
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh