so howcome nintendo was never open with the specs of the U?

#1googlerPosted 2/21/2013 9:05:43 PM
Sony wasn't shy. Or is Nintendo one of those types that's afraid to shower in the gym
#2FlyinTonitePosted 2/21/2013 9:08:12 PM
Tbh, I'd rather sony didn't tell us the specs. They weren't anything special. . In a market where technical specifications will always be weaker by a considerable degree to a high end pc, I'd rather they just focus on the games.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#3ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 9:13:25 PM
Because specs are always disappointing.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4G1243Posted 2/21/2013 9:16:57 PM
Because Nintendo knew their specs would be weak compared to the next-gen systems. If you release specs, the first thing consumers will do is compare them, and the Wii U lags behind in this aspect.

It's better to not reveal them at all, because they gain nothing from it. Nintendo knows the Wii U is a technologically inferior console, so it did not release specs.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#5DemonDog666Posted 2/21/2013 9:24:14 PM
So their fanbase can continue to be delusional. If they released specs right now even the most deluded fanboy would know wiiU isn't getting next gen plats, but they didn't so they continue to delude themselves.
#6The_King82Posted 2/21/2013 11:36:08 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
Tbh, I'd rather sony didn't tell us the specs. They weren't anything special. . In a market where technical specifications will always be weaker by a considerable degree to a high end pc, I'd rather they just focus on the games.

8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!

On topic. Nintendo themselves knew that it was nothing to brag about so they didn't. They are just barely catching up now, 6 years later.
#7ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 11:40:15 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
So their fanbase can continue to be delusional. If they released specs right now even the most deluded fanboy would know wiiU isn't getting next gen plats, but they didn't so they continue to delude themselves.

Watch Dogs.

Keep the change.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 2/21/2013 11:41:54 PM
Because then they wouldn't be Nintendo.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#9ZvolTxPosted 2/21/2013 11:55:34 PM
They didn't even give us concrete info did they? Besides the amount of RAM, they just stated the generic product lines the CPU and GPU are in (which were nothing special by any means, by the way) and added marketing terms and meaningless crap like "supercharged" to try to make it sound good to the idiot consumer that knows absolutely nothing about tech, that happens to be Sony's primary audience.

I may have missed something though, I only got to watch about a half hour or so, but in those first tech specs they announced, it was by no means something to be impressed by.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#10Banjo2553Posted 2/21/2013 11:56:50 PM
Nintendo never was one to reveal specs until the console gets released. Happened with Gamecube and Wii I believe.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz