so howcome nintendo was never open with the specs of the U?

#31IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/22/2013 9:52:31 PM
Tbh, I'd rather sony didn't tell us the specs. They weren't anything special. . In a market where technical specifications will always be weaker by a considerable degree to a high end pc, I'd rather they just focus on the games.

8GB of GDDR5 is special, actually. As is the fact that this is non-specialized hardware.
#32MctiasPosted 2/22/2013 9:58:00 PM
Probably because their target audience does not give a crap about that.
#33geneticsftwPosted 2/22/2013 10:02:18 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Tbh, I'd rather sony didn't tell us the specs. They weren't anything special. . In a market where technical specifications will always be weaker by a considerable degree to a high end pc, I'd rather they just focus on the games.

8GB of GDDR5 is special, actually. As is the fact that this is non-specialized hardware.

And GDDR3?
---
Sweet
#34ElectricMolePosted 2/22/2013 10:06:15 PM
Mctias posted...

It was more for enticing third party support than aimed at the general non-techy gamer.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#35TrstTheLordPosted 2/22/2013 10:09:16 PM
Well when I buy a game system specs do not matter. Let me make the most powerful system ever created. 100 more times powerful than anything on the market. It has the most realistic versions of Farmville, Cityville and other "great" titles like them. Specs don't matter. Games matter. Why do I not really care for Sony? It is because they are more hardware focused than game focused.
The only time I ever care about specs is when I buy a pc.
---
Got married May 23,2009
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org Save thePolarBears!
#36SkyCrackersPosted 2/22/2013 10:11:25 PM
Because they weren't very good specs, and Nintendo knew Sony and MS could rub in it their faces. Better to keep the focus firmly on the games. Nintendo has nothing to gain from releasing the specs of their consoles.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#37MctiasPosted 2/22/2013 10:12:07 PM
ElectricMole posted...
Mctias posted...

It was more for enticing third party support than aimed at the general non-techy gamer.

The people that really need to know about the specs of the machines, the developers, don't get that info from the press conferences. They get it from the hardware manufacturer, in private, and are probably told not to disclose it to the general public.
#38ElectricMolePosted 2/22/2013 10:18:37 PM
TrstTheLord posted...
Specs don't matter. Games matter.

And now the part where you explain to us how games exist without the specs to make them reality.
---
#39Wiiplayer111Posted 2/22/2013 10:19:58 PM
Because people don't care what the specs are. They want games and fun.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#40ElectricMolePosted 2/22/2013 10:25:22 PM(edited)
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Because people don't care what the specs are. They want games and fun.

Thats the general consumer point of view.

Now from a game developer p.o.v. They DO care what the specs are and they also want to make fun games. The numbers and data are for those folks.

Its perfectly fine if they dont matter to you. You dont make games. Specs dont matter to me either. i go where the good games are. and no, they're not all restricted to just nintendo systems.

---