What's Wii U NPD number gonna look like in February with all this PS4 hype?

#1-Damien-Posted 2/21/2013 10:48:12 PM
40K?
30K?
20K?

It was 55K in January, the worst console sale number in one month
#2DTY3Posted 2/21/2013 10:48:48 PM
I doubt the PS4 will slow the Wii U's sales any...
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#3ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 10:49:13 PM
Not existent. We can pretty much ignore it.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4laxnd23Posted 2/21/2013 10:50:56 PM
It's not going to be good until it starts getting games, which doesn't happen until mid-March to April.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#5FlyinTonitePosted 2/21/2013 10:51:46 PM
if wii u sales do dip, i don't think the ps4 announcement will be the reason they are so low.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#6Tsutarja495Posted 2/21/2013 10:52:53 PM
Abysmal. PS4 didn't even need to announce for that, because like January, nothing came out. It won't start selling until at least near the end of March, when it starts getting new games.
#7ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 11:02:34 PM
It's gonna be BAD.

But meh, I don't really care anymore, as long as Nintendo survives enough to make teh marioz.
---
#8-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:13:26 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
It's gonna be BAD.

But meh, I don't really care anymore, as long as Nintendo survives enough to make teh marioz.

or they can quit making console, and start making games for PS4
#9ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 11:14:07 PM
-Damien- posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
It's gonna be BAD.

or they can quit making console, and start making games for PS4

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it.

Keep hoping. Still, I guess it'd be better than no Mario at all.
---
#10DynheartPosted 2/21/2013 11:22:07 PM(edited)
People are going to buy Nintendo anyway. The ones that aren't? Well, they wont. Simple as that.

Right now...it comes down to the games. It has a good line up, but most of it's draw is games that most have played already. You need more than Mario, Zombi U, Scribblenauts (on PC), Nintendo Land, and a handful of indie gems on the Wii U to sell the console.

IMO, Feb will get a boost, but not huge. Probably due to the bundles. March will be a big month for Nintendo overall. Their first big update since launch (if they follow their plans). Monster Hunter. Lego City. NFSMWU (although, it's still a port, it may move some systems as a secondary purchase). These will push some systems.

After that? Launch window is officially closed. April has only one notable game listed to date, but that can change for the better, or, for the worse. These games add up over time, just like every library. The main library, plus the eShop? Add to the fact that the virtual console is getting a face lift? I'm sure that will push consoles by E3.

It's after E3 that will be the telling story. Right now? Nintendo has to fix the mess they started. Ubisoft said they are confident with Nintendo's "plans"...so Nintendo's cooking something up.

As for the PS4? Wont phase it. Why? Outside of the NES/SNES era, Nintendo has always been a niche market. They are still considered a major competitor, but they do things unique; standard is not in their vocabulary. People complain now, but eventually? Their inner child gives in and they buy a Nintendo system...despite them hating on Mario...they still want to play his games.

The fans will buy it.
The fans waiting for more games will buy it
The gamer's waiting for more games will buy it
The Sony fans who are not bias will buy it, eventually (price drop)
Same for Xbox fans.

The ones who wont are the ones who absolutely despise Nintendo. In the grand scheme of things? That's a small crowd.

Nintendo is struggling right now due to marketing, and not providing the developers proper tools to do the job until....November. The games we have now? They are off of 3rd or 4th gen dev-kits. How else would they get the job done on time when the final dev-kit was finalized and ready in November?

Nintendo dropped the ball hard on this release. They need to lay in their bed and fix it...and they will.
---
Currently playing: DoA 4, Plants VS Zombies, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart