No need to call everyone trolls...

#11IloveElitePosted 2/22/2013 4:28:49 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
A better term for these people would be children. When I was 12 I HATED Sega for no good reason. Now I'm older and I feel like a fool and I miss having their consoles around. These people are just too young and stupid to know that wishing for the downfall of a piece of plastic because you like another piece of plastic more is so pointless. Plus it's the only way to explain that these people have enough time to be online ALL THE TIME . They have no responsibilities or jobs. Just kids being kids. They will learn one day how dumb they are, I know it's hard but try not to acknowledge them.

Well said TC. Agree 100%
#12GLDanzegoPosted 2/22/2013 6:37:00 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...
Jupiter- posted...
Well, a troll is a person who goes around and posts things intended to offend or get under someone's skin. They know that if they come to a Nintendo board and insult Nintendo, it's going ruffle some feathers, that's why they do it.

It's called an opinion. These boards are open for public opinion.

Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. Being aware of that is the difference between adults/mature people and the children/manchildren on a messageboard (or anywhere, really).
#13pokemonfreak97Posted 2/22/2013 8:32:13 AM
Essentially, the difference between coming here to ask if you should get the Wii U and coming here and advising someone "The Wii U sucks; get a PS4" is the difference from coming to an Italian restaurant and asking the waiter what they recommend and coming to an Italian restaurant to tell all the customers to buy Chinese instead.
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#14icarus231Posted 2/22/2013 8:36:27 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Nintendo trolls are just as bad.

Someone will something like "The PS4 looks interesting. I want to see what more they show at E3." And the Nintendo Defense Force flips out and starts going like "OMG! Sony sucks! It's going to cost $1000 and the graphics aren't any better than PS3 and Sony is going under lololllol Vita has no games!"

No you are definitely worse then a nintendo troll
#15Rasputin77Posted 2/22/2013 10:35:31 AM
Jupiter- posted...
Well, a troll is a person who goes around and posts things intended to offend or get under someone's skin. They know that if they come to a Nintendo board and insult Nintendo, it's going ruffle some feathers, that's why they do it.

Ahh, the entitled and coddled generations' definition of the word... I love it. One could argue that ANY negative opinion is eventually going to "get under someone's skin", and there goes your entire wimpy definition. It doesn't matter if that person intentionally (which NONE of you can prove) wanted to offend someone... all you have to do is point, and go "Waaaah, they meant to upset me with that comment!", and bingo. "Troll".

Why "entitled and coddled"? Because that entire mindset proves that you think what they say is all about YOU, and YOUR reaction. Guess what, kids?

It isn't all about you. Yes, your parents lied.

Jason_Hudson posted...

WAY, way, way, way, way over their head, Jason. Way.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#16TerotrousPosted 2/22/2013 10:37:21 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Nintendo trolls are just as bad.

Someone will something like "The PS4 looks interesting. I want to see what more they show at E3." And the Nintendo Defense Force flips out and starts going like "OMG! Sony sucks! It's going to cost $1000 and the graphics aren't any better than PS3 and Sony is going under lololllol Vita has no games!"

Nintendo fans don't flood boards. Except possibly the Vita board, and even then it was never anywhere near this bad. There's literally at least 100 people trolling this board right now.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#17Skill4ReelPosted 2/22/2013 1:36:14 PM
There should be a separate area of gamefaqs for adults. Age verified and restricted. In that area 90% of the crap that you read here on a regular basis would not be there. Probably impossible, but one can only dream.
#18Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 3:32:06 PM
Skill4Reel posted...
There should be a separate area of gamefaqs for adults. Age verified and restricted. In that area 90% of the crap that you read here on a regular basis would not be there. Probably impossible, but one can only dream.

Exactly...if there was a credit card needed to validate age then I think you would see a huge difference. Plus it would be awesome if they could get a check mark by their name if they actually have the system. Kids hear that Nintendo isn't cool right now so they come here to try and be cool and bash Nintendo. Kids have nothing better to do so therefore they are here all damn day.
#19TheGreatUnownPosted 2/23/2013 4:15:14 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Jupiter- posted...

Ahh, the entitled and coddled generations' definition of the word... I love it. One could argue that ANY negative opinion is eventually going to "get under someone's skin", and there goes your entire wimpy definition. It doesn't matter if that person intentionally (which NONE of you can prove) wanted to offend someone... all you have to do is point, and go "Waaaah, they meant to upset me with that comment!", and bingo. "Troll".

GameFAQs TOU
Trolling (Inciting Flames) - Messages that annoy and/or offend other users by going against the clear nature of a board, topic or chat room are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: provoking other users to respond with flames; provoking fans of a particular system or game, especially on boards or topics dedicated to that system or game; making misleading topic titles; asking obviously useless questions; posting false information as fact; and using another userís quote in your signature without permission.

Some additional notes on the Trolling rule:

> "If you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all." Message boards are set up specifically for fans of a particular game or system to discuss that game. While criticizing and analyzing a topic is always acceptable, if you don't like (or hate) a particular game or system (or have never even played it), you probably shouldn't be posting on that board.
> Criticisms should be backed with valid points. If you have an opinion about something, make sure you state it as an opinion and not a fact. "This game is stupid" is a clear troll. "I felt the game's story went nowhere" is critical, but clearly stated as an opinion.
>Announcing that you have marked a user for moderation or that you have added them to your ignore list is considered trolling; it adds nothing to any conversation and only serves to incite the target.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/tou_anno.html

That's the GameFAQS definition of trolling. If you have a problem with that, then you shouldn't have an account on this site.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#20Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/23/2013 4:20:46 PM
GLDanzego posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
Jupiter- posted...

Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. Being aware of that is the difference between adults/mature people and the children/manchildren on a messageboard (or anywhere, really).

Yes, suppress those opinions.

Countless times I've seen people post simple truths like 'there's nothing that appeals to me on the console, what's coming out in the next coming months?'. The response, you're an idiot troll go play xbox the console just launched there's plenty of good content right now give it a chance.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon