Could nintendo be competed with only using 1st party franchises?

#71berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:19:41 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Sony has some good stuff, their long established franchises like Twisted Metal, Hot Shots Golf, and Gran Turismo, are franchises I really like, and with Hot Shots and GT, I adore those.

Their later IPs though, have some flaws that really piss me off. God of War? So many frigging instances of bad platforming design, an unlikable protagonist, and at times you're given little to no clue of where the hell to go or how to beat a boss, this was present in all three main titles of the series. I have no interest in Ascension.

LittleBigPlanet? Cutesy, but mind-numbingly repetitive. Nifty idea with the level creator, and LBP2 was an improvement due to being able to create your own takes on other games. But the novelty for me wore thin quickly.

Uncharted? Basically a re-skinned Tomb Raider meets Gears of War to a point. The whole romance between Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher felt forced and unnatural. The friendship between him and Sully was cool, but none of the characters in any of the games really gripped me.

And then there's Resistance. Ugh, God, I was not impressed with it at all. Floaty controls, what I feel is a badly written fanfiction, and lacking in character. Let's just say I am glad that series is on the backburner. KillZone actually has some good **** going on with it, just a shame that PS3 games won't be natively playable on the PS4. Nor will your digital files transfer over. And people wonder why I am against DDL as a whole.

Sorry, Sony does NOT win with all franchises, nor do they win with the hardware and lack of backwards compatibility. What a joke.

Thank you for this post. I agree so much. Sony had a lot going for itself. But they killed of their best ip's. Where is legend of dragoon? Legend of legaia? Even wipeout is finished. It makes me cry.
#72NiftyManZPosted 2/22/2013 10:47:39 AM
And they didn't even get to step one...
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#73berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:55:17 AM
Monkeysppoon the guy that claims to have played metroid prime but can't give an examples of the gameplay flow. Ill give an example. Mass effect2 . I walk aboard my spaceship. I can talk to my teammates or other people that dont matter but sometimes give fetchquests. I than decide where to go. I shoot things. There is a cutscene and I can ask questions. Sometimes, i can press LT because my points are high enough to press LT. After that, more questions or shooting. End of missions. Repeat.
#74Enigma149Posted 2/22/2013 10:56:50 AM
Everyone else: Here's a list of games Nintendo produces in different genres.

Monkeyspoon: Those don't count. Oh, but Sony has these.

Everyone else: Well, Nintendo has these.

Mondeyspoon: Those don't count either. Guess it's 1492-0 Sony!
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#75SF_BombPosted 2/22/2013 10:57:02 AM
Jesus, that amount of butthurt in this topic is overwhelming.
---
Black 2 FC: 1808 0000 3910
#76DemonDog666Posted 2/22/2013 10:59:41 AM
They can survive on first party alone (due to blind fanbase) but they can't really compete with only 1st party.
#77berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:59:52 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Everyone else: Here's a list of games Nintendo produces in different genres.

Monkeyspoon: Those don't count. Oh, but Sony has these.

Everyone else: Well, Nintendo has these.

Mondeyspoon: Those don't count either. Guess it's 1492-0 Sony!

Yeah monkeyspoons counting is REALLY of!
#78monkeyspoonPosted 2/22/2013 11:04:00 AM
berenddebeer posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Rts?
TRPG? Arc the lad
JRPG? Loads from studio Japan
2d platformer? Loads including LBP

Off the top of my head I can think of these

Which Nintendo games fall into the one I missed?

Name them. Or are you that insecure? Lol

Out of the 4 valid genres I named 2 of them already. Jrpg is covered be white knight chronicles.

Are you going to name the Nintendo titles or is Sony going to get more points.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#79berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:51:25 AM
RTS pikmin
TRPG fire emblem
JRPG xenoblade
2d platformer lol
Ringout fighter ssb
Boxing game punchout
Golf game mario golf
Tennis game mario tennis
Monster collector pokemon
Dungeon crawler pokemon dungeon, denpamen
Does sony do puzzle games? How about text adventures?
#80berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:00:05 PM
A sony horror game?