Any chance Nintendo might make a Full length Pokemon RPG game For Wii U?

#1find no fan tar seaPosted 2/22/2013 3:49:43 AM
I just love and adore Ni No Kuni, it's the closest thing to a full 3d Pokemon game.

I don't know why Nintendo refused to make a Pokemon game for their console, i'm talking about full 3d adventure game like the anime, like traveling from one city to the next to earn poke-badges and capturing Pokemon in the wild. All the Pokemon and RPG fans would absolutely love it. The game will be a guarantee success! at least 10 mil copies will be sold!

Can someone please do a petition or some sort and send it to Nintendo?
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#2DanteSInferno84Posted 2/22/2013 3:55:41 AM
The reason is kinda simple: it over complicates the formula. In most ways, the Pokemon games themselves havent changed much (visually) past most PS1 era games (which isn't a bad thing).

Though, they have tested the waters in the past, with Pokemon Coliseum (however you spell it) and Gale of Darkness.

I think overall, the key might just be, keeping Pokemon simple (development wise) is just smart money. They keep making them, with minor changes from one to the next, useing stuff that is way past date but works... toss in all the extra products in the franchise, and its makes enough safe money as it is.
#3The_King82Posted 2/22/2013 5:13:55 AM
No chance. It makes too much sense.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#4Allaster111Posted 2/22/2013 5:21:25 AM
I've been hollering for Nintendo to not only do this, but also take it to another level. A Pokemon MMO would be incredible.

Battle other trainers.

Trade with other trainers.

Have a ranking system where if you have enough wins, you can open your own gym and custom design your own gym badge that you give to players who beat you in your gym.

Recruit other trainers to be your underlings at your gym.

Start your own "gang" in the vein of Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, etc.

Travel from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and wherever the hell they are now.

Oh, the possibilities...

But, it'll never happen.
#5taexPosted 2/22/2013 5:22:30 AM
Developing a Pokemon game for the Wii U might mean taking a huge chunk of the handheld development team. If you give 50% to the handheld and 50% of the personnel to the console you run the risk of making both a lackluster game which means both ending up a failure.

A solution might be to take the handheld team and make them create a Pokemon game for the Wii U (and then a low res port to 3DS) although that's an entirely different ball game.
---
Mmm... Pies...
#6iKhanicPosted 2/22/2013 5:22:42 AM
I think you mean a 3D Action RPG (Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were 3D turn-based RPGs) and , and I agree with you. I've been wanting a real time Pokemon battle system since I started watching the anime. It would be awesome if you could actually dodge or move or use other strategies in a Pokemon game, and now Nintendo just needs to decide to do it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7Lefty128kPosted 2/22/2013 5:25:10 AM
find no fan tar sea posted...
I just love and adore Ni No Kuni, it's the closest thing to a full 3d Pokemon game.

I don't know why Nintendo refused to make a Pokemon game for their console, i'm talking about full 3d adventure game like the anime, like traveling from one city to the next to earn poke-badges and capturing Pokemon in the wild. All the Pokemon and RPG fans would absolutely love it. The game will be a guarantee success! at least 10 mil copies will be sold!

Can someone please do a petition or some sort and send it to Nintendo?

Would it cost more to make than a regular Pokemon game?

If yes, then no...Nintendo won't do it.
They like to make games on the cheap.
#8find no fan tar sea(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 5:32:42 AM(edited)
Allaster111 posted...
I've been hollering for Nintendo to not only do this, but also take it to another level. A Pokemon MMO would be incredible.

Battle other trainers.

Trade with other trainers.

Have a ranking system where if you have enough wins, you can open your own gym and custom design your own gym badge that you give to players who beat you in your gym.

Recruit other trainers to be your underlings at your gym.

Start your own "gang" in the vein of Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, etc.

Travel from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and wherever the hell they are now.

Oh, the possibilities...

But, it'll never happen.

OMG, i'm loving your ideas so much <3

What you're suggesting is even more exciting and addictive than WOW, i really do hope Nintendo will make it happening, like starting with just 1 city and keep it small, and then slowly expanding the game's universe with expansions packs, like each new city will come in as a free DLC (so that the pool of players won't be divided).

They can even implement in-game micro-transaction(like Mass effect 3) to counter balance the free DLC, like maybe allowing players the option to use real money to buy certain items like bicycle, custom outfits etc..

I'm sure Nintendo can afford 10 mil or so to create a new studio to work on a new RPG Pokemon game for Wii U. 10 mil to them is chum change! Think of all the possibilities, the fan-base and the money they could make.
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#9iKhanicPosted 2/22/2013 5:36:33 AM
Honestly, I feel like Pokemon is a series that has immense potential to spread into other RPG genres like everyone is saying. Nintendo doesn't seem to realize they are sitting on gold here.

A Pokemon MMO would jump right into competition with the big boys like WOW, while an ARPG would bring heavy competition to the likes of Tales and Ni No Kuni.

Plus, Pokemon is a huge universe. The series has potential to expand it everywhere, but so far they've restricted it to the turn-based RPG genre, puzzle genre, and Hey You, Pikachu sequels. The closest they've gotten to expanding the series is with Pokemon Snap, but they haven't revisited that series since the N64 days.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#10RemembrentPosted 2/22/2013 5:40:57 AM
Honestly - A Pokemon game in the true sense (whether it's a turn based RPG/adventure exactly like the DS games) or an MMO would boost sales of the Wii U like nobody's business. I mean, the controller is PERFECT as a "Pokedex" like feature.

I'm telling you - it would be a savior. But it won't happen :\