PS4 - $529 Vs Wii U $349 who has the advantage?

#71myunihausenPosted 2/22/2013 11:35:07 AM
I wouldn't buy either is that was truly the price... Nintendo was my favorite from the late 80's to the mid 90's but this Wii nonsense has got to go, I want real video games and not a "video gameish" toy.

With the quality of these last few generations of games, there is no way that PS4 will be worth that. I think a $600 price tag would show Sony why the Neo Geo never really got a foothold in the market.
#72Tech9Posted 2/22/2013 11:46:17 AM
I expect a Wii U price drop before the end of the year, most likely in the fall.

Just like an above poster stated, people are looking for new games and new experiences. All Sony really showed us was more of the same, although 2 new IPs are a good step in the right direction. It's just that neither looked totally amazing.

Nintendo has a chance to release some good software and announce some new games this year, just no idea if it will happen. Even if Wii U misses on major 3rd party games like Destiny, it can still be successful. I think the Wii U might also keep the PS3 and 360 systems alive a little longer, thus giving us less of a reason to upgrade.
#73king_maddenPosted 2/22/2013 11:57:33 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
SubSeenix posted...
But serious gaming takes place on other consoles.

As an owner of a PC, 360, PS3, and Wii U, I just want to call out this BS. Gaming is about fun, not being serious. Anyone who enjoys gaming at all should know better than to disregard any console that has fun games. It's just stupid, superficial, and petty.

hey if people want to take it seriously then thats them, personally to me its just a hobby, but there are people who like to take it seriously, and prefer games that arent as bright and colorful, thats their preference nothing wrong with that.

I dont see the need in having all consoles, wanted to look into a wii u for my son, those games are easier for him, but to me personally its a waste to have all of them. personally I didnt see enough exclusive games from 360 to make me want to keep it, and pretty much the same thing for the wii u.
#74Masterbob1872Posted 2/22/2013 11:57:39 AM
Depends on what the ACTUAL PS4 price is. Sorry, but you just simply do not know the price of the PS4
#75EnclavePosted 2/22/2013 12:01:07 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
DanteSInferno84 posted...
Sony's true claim to fame was it was like the "fun" Uncle of games at the time. Nintendo was like a strict parent, shying away from most mature themed products, but old Uncle Sony was like "Oh hey, come on, beat up hookers, its fun! Blow each other up with ice cream trucks, its fun! Oh... and heres some Gex and Crash incase your parents are looking".

That hasn't been true since Mortal Kombat 1 on the SNES.

It's funny you mention Mortal Kombat 1 on the SNES, the game where they took the blood globs that flew off people, made them smaller and changed the colour from red to make it look more like sweat while the Genesis maintained the blood.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#76excitebike64Posted 2/22/2013 12:02:18 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Terotrous posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Bull crap. Xbox 360 sold more consoles in 1Q 2006 than it did during holiday 2005. I'm too lazy to look up the others but I highly doubt any console has seen this dramatic a drop in sales just a few months after launch.

Only because there were massive shortages for that holiday season, so it sold much less than it would have. Wii U is unique in that it was one of the only systems that was released in such quantities that there were no shortages, but its 3 months numbers aren't any worse than any other console.

57,000 January sales is most definitely not business as usual for a new console launch.

Sales in Jan and Feb is not business as usual for anyone right now. In the US, people are paying more taxes and Feb gas price increases is sure to slump everyone. That being said, I still see people looking at (debating) which WIiU to get in stores.

Nintendo's strategy is to sell big titles over a 3-5 year period, and not caring about massive sales in one month.

Basically, Nintendo is doing the PS2 strategy this gen and hope it works for them like it did for Sony. Sony is doing more what MS did and will be doing.
#77-Damien-Posted 2/22/2013 12:04:00 PM
lol PS4 roflstomping Wii U in its own house
#78T_AcePosted 2/22/2013 12:09:59 PM
I LOVE that this isn't event the real price of the PS4 and its rofl stomping the Wii U anyway. LOL
---
"Favored by the world my ass...I'm going to say it flat out. You're nothing but a worthless criminal!!!"
#79usaamahlinkPosted 2/22/2013 12:13:52 PM
People who are regretting the Wii U purchase should look to the future, and not seep in the disappointment of the short term. If you were going for instant gratification, sure it was disappointing. But by the end of 2013 Nintendo looks to be releasing some of their first party games that were in development for Wii U.. once that starts, we should have a steady stream of games.. and thats when you will really see the value of the Wii U start to shine.. On the other hand the PS4 should come out about the same time, though Im guessing mid November release.. And well have to see what games actually get released for the launch. It seems like theyve actually been developing for it for a long while already.. and the launch doesnt seem as botched and confusing as the Wii Us was, but to still understate the value of the Wii U well before its prime is probably not the smartest way to go.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, F-Zero GX.
#80EVILESTIZUMIPosted 2/22/2013 12:14:28 PM
TalentedM posted...
End of the year I will most likely be buying killer apps for the systems I own and not a whole new system for which has "no gaems.".

So 600$ on games for things I have or a whole new mess I would have to deal with. Let the record show the only launch of sony's systems that was remotely good (launch) was PSX.... It has been a long fall since then.

So according to you the PS2 failed right? even if it is recognized as one of the best home consoles of all time (if not the best). You sir, FAIL.
---
PKMNDiamond: KURONO- FC:0387 5358 6019 JUS FC:2835-6906-6025
MMSFDragon FC:0258-8321-8459 MMSFNinja FC:1075-2242-8934