What Gamecube HD Remake would you prefer for the Wii U?

#51SlimeSwayzePosted 2/22/2013 9:04:19 PM
I went with Sunshine. Part me of wanted to say REmake, but that won't happen, as updating that game to HD is more work than Capcom would be willing to put forth. And as much as I loved Eternal Darkness, the fact is that that game just hasn't aged well, and I think the transition to HD would actually ruin whatever aesthetic value the game still has.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#52MARl0Posted 2/22/2013 9:18:20 PM
F-Zero GX.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#53SlimeSwayzePosted 2/22/2013 9:28:31 PM
Oh, and it's not on the list, but I'd take a Metroid Prime HD remake over any of those...

...and a Majora's Mask remake would be even better.
---
#54thealmightydibPosted 2/22/2013 9:33:18 PM
DTY3 posted...
inb4 no remakes only new games because somehow it's impossible to have both.

I'll be that guy. Remakes are a waste of resources and are fine left as they are. Gaming companies, especially Nintendo right now should be putting all their focus on bringing NEW things to the table, and keeping promises they've already made like that wonderful launch window that fell apart.
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
#55AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 1:09:15 AM
For everyone saying Metroid, Zelda TP and and Phantasy Star Online.

Metroid trilogy on wii (nintendo is never going to port a port of remake) the wii version is fine just use component cables.

Same goes for Zelda TP which was already released for 2 consoles.

and Phantasy Star Online 2 is already out in Japan so just hope the Wii U get the sequel.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#56SlimeSwayzePosted 2/23/2013 1:22:38 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
For everyone saying Metroid, Zelda TP and and Phantasy Star Online.

Metroid trilogy on wii (nintendo is never going to port a port of remake) the wii version is fine just use component cables.

Same goes for Zelda TP which was already released for 2 consoles.

and Phantasy Star Online 2 is already out in Japan so just hope the Wii U get the sequel.

Thanks for the advice, but maybe we have different standards. Twilight Princess is a good game, but honestly, it looks awful. It would really benefit from an upgrade. And while Metroid Prime Trilogy is great, it also isn't in any way optimized to be played on HD televisions, which are the standard now.

I don't think Twilight Princess of any of the Metroid Prime games would need a lot of work in order to look great in HD, which is why I'm hoping for fairly straight forward HD upgrades at a decent price.
---
#57PedroMontanaPosted 2/23/2013 1:34:27 AM
Killer7 and F-Zero GX are the best the GC had and 2 of the best games ever, they deserve some kind of remake or rerelease.

Super Mario Sunishine is the shame of it's series, Nintendo should do everything they can to make people forget about it's existence.

Wind Waker itself was quite a mixed bag, the sailing, the art, the fetch quest and other aspects are rightfully controversial.
---
No More Heroes
#58GojeranPosted 2/23/2013 1:38:17 AM
Man, your list should have included Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

talk about an OVERSIGHT.

I'd want this more than anything else.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out March 19th for the Wii U.
#59HellsingOrgPosted 2/23/2013 1:41:51 AM
Gojeran posted...

talk about an OVERSIGHT.

Tales of Symphonia > Skies of Arcadia

sorry but I thought that game was a decent jrpg at best.
Maybe for all the gamecube only owners that didn't have access to all the ps2 jrpgs held their few gamecube ones in high esteem or something.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#60MARl0Posted 2/23/2013 8:51:58 AM(edited)
HellsingOrg posted...
Gojeran posted...

talk about an OVERSIGHT.

Tales of Symphonia > Skies of Arcadia

sorry but I thought that game was a decent jrpg at best.
Maybe for all the gamecube only owners that didn't have access to all the ps2 jrpgs held their few gamecube ones in high esteem or something.

Skies of Arcadia is most definitely better than Tales of Symphonia. It's one of my top 5 JRPGs of all time. And I've playing RPGs on every console since the original Dragon Warrior released on the NES. Keep in mind though, that the Dreamcast version of the game is better, due to the GCN version's crippling audio problems.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)