nintendo needs a well rounded exclusive FPS

#1NejivsSasukePosted 2/22/2013 7:29:51 AM
sony has destiny and microsoft has halo so that leaves nintendo with an open market. but what nintendo universe outside of metroid could they use?
---
PSN SLimhomie
Nintedo ID Orionlion
#2Elem187Posted 2/22/2013 7:30:44 AM
NejivsSasuke posted...
sony has destiny and microsoft has halo so that leaves nintendo with an open market. but what nintendo universe outside of metroid could they use?

Metroid > Halo/Killzone
#3Tsutarja495Posted 2/22/2013 7:34:06 AM
They need to make a modern version of Yoshi's Safari.
#4Soanevalcke6Posted 2/22/2013 7:35:33 AM
Wii U is getting Destiny also.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/22/2013 7:36:06 AM
Destiny isn't first party nor is it exclusive.

Sony has Resistance and Killzone
Microsoft has Halo

Nintendo does not have their own first party FPS
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, Other M
#6userfrigginamePosted 2/22/2013 7:36:29 AM
What? Destiny isn't just for Sony. Microsoft is gonna get it too. If you're talking about exclusives, then I'd say Killzone for Sony.
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 2/22/2013 7:39:14 AM
Let's see...

Could it be Mario? Not without a lot of changes.
Could it be Zelda? Something along the lines of Link's Crossbow Training, but fleshed out to be a full adventure game instead of a tech demo. (a fun tech demo, but a tech demo nonetheless)
Could it be Metroid? They did a trilogy of those... but the OP said we couldn't say that.
Could it be Kid Icarus? Uprising is third-person, but I'm pretty sure it plays rather similarly to most first-person shooters, provided that you don't take some features (reloading, for instance, is absent) into account.
Could it be Animal Crossing? No.
Could it be Pokémon? No.
Could it be Pikmin? I doubt it. Doesn't fit the world, and Pikmin games get delayed too much. (Not that I still won't buy Pikmin 3)

So, other than the obvious choice that the OP said that we couldn't take, I can only see expanding Kid Icarus.
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/22/2013 7:42:48 AM
Nintendo has more IPs than that.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, Other M
#9excitebike64Posted 2/22/2013 7:45:03 AM
If they ever did it, it would be a new IP.

Miyamoto's even talked about FPS, so I think it will eventually happen.
#10Allaster111Posted 2/22/2013 7:49:38 AM
Maybe it's time Ninty made a new IP.