nintendo needs a well rounded exclusive FPS

#41P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/22/2013 9:06:43 AM
WolfAlmighty posted...
If they could make an FPS that uses the touchscreen as a touchpad and use that for aiming instead of having to use the analog sticks I'd definitely pick it up. I've always hated using analog sticks in FPS games after so many years of playing FPS on PC. The Wiimote is another option, but the Wiimote Plus seemed to have a bit of a delay to it that the normal Wiimote didn't (I remember the aiming in Skyward Sword being much more finicky and prone to lag and deadzoning than games that just used the standard Wiimote). Either way, I'm not going to be too heartbroken if there isn't a major FPS on Wii U since that's what I have a PC for anyway.

That was because most games just used the pointer and the sensor bar contrary to Skyward Sword using actual motion for the pointer. I don't really get why they did that personally, however, the Gamepad uses more advanced technology for motion control aiming and it's a welcome upgrade.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, Other M
#42MajinKogahazanPosted 2/22/2013 9:09:52 AM
People who play FPS games don't buy Nintendo consoles for FPS games.

That said, it would be cool to see what nintendo would do with the genre.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#43dennis941012Posted 2/22/2013 9:14:33 AM
when did halo become fps
isn't it 3rd person shooter? @_@
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#44lt519Posted 2/22/2013 9:15:28 AM
Can we not say Destiny is a well rounded FPS when the game isn't even out yet? Sigh. At least say Halo.
#45SlimeSwayzePosted 2/22/2013 9:15:50 AM
While I'd be interested in seeing what Nintendo could do with a FPS, I also remember how Geist turned out on the GCN. If I remember correctly, they had quite a lot to do with that game, and it was not very good. Also, Sony seemed to feel the same way when the PS3 launched, which is why the approached Insomniac about making Resistance. I actually kind of like that series, especially the original and R3, but it didn't exactly set the world in fire.

I don't think going out of your way to make a specific type of game for a specific audience generally yields the best results. I'd prefer to see Nintendo put together a dev team to create a new IP and just let them develop the game naturally and see what happens. I've been disappointed by how few new IPs Nintendo has developed in the last 10 years or so. I think it's starting to have negative consequences.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#46andrea987Posted 2/22/2013 9:18:10 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I think they could do something with Mach Rider or Wild Gunman. Those dead-ass series.

Mach Rider
--
Developer: Monolith Soft + Criterion
Gameplay: Mission Based FPS/Battle Racing Game

Wild Gunman
--
Developer: Retro Studios + EAD
Gameplay: "Spaghetti Western" FPS

I'm not into fps, but I'd love those, especially the 'spaghetti western'.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#47l3igl3ossPosted 2/22/2013 9:19:37 AM
I think the best Nintendo could do is a Descent series styled Metroid game where instead of controlling Samus you control her ship, find upgrades for it and explore the planets in all axis. It should be a nice step up from First Person Metroid Prime, even though Descent has always been better with a PC Joystick. I don't know how well it would play with a dual analog set up.
---
This account will cease to exist once Nintendo goes out of business because of the Wii U.