So if I'm into racing games, are there going to be some good ones I should get?

#1ave1Posted 2/22/2013 9:35:32 AM
I'm liking the idea of getting a Wii U, but need racing games. Imagine having the controller being your rear view mirror or maybe your F1 toggle wheel... But is there a good game for me, now or in the future?
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#2morningglory05Posted 2/22/2013 9:38:25 AM
I'm in the same boat. Need for Speed is being released next month I think and it looks pretty solid, but those never done a whole lot for me! I definitely wish we'd get a Forza-esque simulator!
#3TerotrousPosted 2/22/2013 9:41:15 AM(edited)
Wii U already has one good racer (Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed), and is getting another one (Need for Speed Most Wanted U) next month. It'll also be getting Project Cars and Mario Kart sometime this year or early next.

Of course, on the last of those is actually exclusive. Whether or not Wii U will be a good console for third party racers remains to be seen at this point.

morningglory05 posted...
I'm in the same boat. Need for Speed is being released next month I think and it looks pretty solid, but those never done a whole lot for me! I definitely wish we'd get a Forza-esque simulator!

Project Cars is a Sim Racer, you can check it out on youtube. Wii U version probably won't look QUITE that good, but it looks like a solid game nonetheless.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4ArmorWolf01Posted 2/22/2013 9:41:16 AM
Heard good stuff about the need for speed
---
"When a man talks dirty to a woman its sexual harassment but when a woman talks dirty to a man its $4.95 a minute."
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 2/22/2013 9:42:15 AM
The lack of analog triggers on any Wii U controller will significantly hinder any Sim style racing experience on the console. :(
#6andrea987Posted 2/22/2013 9:42:53 AM
Looking forward to Project Cars.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#7DarthFloatyPosted 2/22/2013 9:43:54 AM
Terotrous posted...
Wii U already has one good racer (Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed), and is getting another one (Need for Speed Most Wanted U) next month. It'll also be getting Project Cars and Mario Kart sometime this year or early next.

Of course, on the last of those is actually exclusive. Whether or not Wii U will be a good console for third party racers remains to be seen at this point.

morningglory05 posted...

Project Cars is a Sim Racer, you can check it out on youtube. Wii U version probably won't look QUITE that good, but it looks like a solid game nonetheless.

This man has it covered. At this time, the Wii U looks to be good for racers for the forseeable future. It's been said that the Wii U will get future Need for Speed games at the same time as other systems.
#8TerotrousPosted 2/22/2013 9:46:39 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
The lack of analog triggers on any Wii U controller will significantly hinder any Sim style racing experience on the console. :(

Not really, I've barely ever heard of any sim racing fans who use that control scheme. Most of the ones who like analog gas / brake use dual analog, which Wii U does have.

Though personally I just use digital gas and brake. As long as you tap them it works well enough.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9morningglory05Posted 2/22/2013 8:42:16 PM
Terotrous posted...

morningglory05 posted...

This is news to me! I just looked at it and that's exactly what I want! Is it still being released 3/13?! If so I will prolly be picking it up!!!
#10geneticsftwPosted 2/22/2013 9:29:57 PM
Terotrous posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Not really, I've barely ever heard of any sim racing fans who use that control scheme. Most of the ones who like analog gas / brake use dual analog, which Wii U does have.

Though personally I just use digital gas and brake. As long as you tap them it works well enough.

Agreed. Also I'd like to see a video with someone doing racing with the analog triggers showing actual pressure being applied when slowing down.
---
Sweet