PS4 games are staying at the $60 price tag, should Wii U games drop to $50?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 2/22/2013 11:05:33 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100480852

Obviously the PS4 will have a sizable graphical advantage with it's 8GBs of RAM, and Wii U software sales are extremely low. The best thing to do is to competitively price their games at $50, they'd still make a profit on each game sold
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2DiscostewSMPosted 2/22/2013 11:12:21 AM
Well, I guess that's one way of getting more sales without dropping the price of the console. And, if they felt the need to "reimburse" those that bought the $60 versions prior to the drop, they could check what games were registered on the system, and compensate them the difference via eShop credit.

It may sell more copies, but it's a matter of if it would sell enough to be worth it to all developers.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:22:41 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Well, I guess that's one way of getting more sales without dropping the price of the console. And, if they felt the need to "reimburse" those that bought the $60 versions prior to the drop, they could check what games were registered on the system, and compensate them the difference via eShop credit.

It may sell more copies, but it's a matter of if it would sell enough to be worth it to all developers.

If developers get more copies sold, they'd be more than ok with this. But Nintendo has to make this happen
---
PSVita & 3DS
#4trenkenPosted 2/22/2013 11:25:10 AM
I would hope so. If the games arent going to look as impressive, then it just makes sense to drop the price of them to stay competitive.

Gamers on the fence are going to look at stuff like ZombiU (not that impressive), and Killzone (impressive), and wonder how in the world they are the same price.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#5ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/22/2013 11:26:40 AM
How would that work out for 3rd party developers though? If they wanted to keep their games at $60 they'd be forced to compete with Nintendo.
#6DiscostewSMPosted 2/22/2013 11:29:12 AM(edited)
PhaseBlack posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

If developers get more copies sold, they'd be more than ok with this. But Nintendo has to make this happen

Well, there are games like Sonic Racing that are already less, which makes it more of publishers setting the price (should have said them instead of developers in my last post). Nintendo may have control over the ceiling price, but I would assume they'd have to talk to the different publishing companies before making any changes.

There is also the matter of PS3/360 games. Will new titles that come out for those as well as the PS4/720 still be priced at $60, or will they be reduced as well? If they don't, then why should Wii U games?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7abbyhitterPosted 2/22/2013 1:40:31 PM
I'm mad that PS4 games will be $60. I was hoping they would be $70 so that it would hurt PS4 sells and help the Wii U.

*sits in corner and pouts*
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#8b1gt0nePosted 2/22/2013 1:42:27 PM
$50 day 1 DLC ftl
#9MichaeIPachterPosted 2/22/2013 1:45:04 PM
Yes they should for the same reason PC games are cheaper; the graphics just don't compare to PlayStation.
---
It's a profit deal.
#10icarus231Posted 2/22/2013 1:56:35 PM
It didnt say they would be $60 it said the $60 range could be $69.99 or $60 but only for digital versions as it also said sample before you buy. I think people should just wait till they actually see a real price in the store before assuming. Also how much is it going to cost you to replay games you already own. Glad nintendo had my back with bc and allowing me to transfer vc games.