PS4 games are staying at the $60 price tag, should Wii U games drop to $50?

#11xChaosLordxPosted 2/23/2013 3:36:56 AM
Wii-U games should drop to $25. Half the quality and half the graphics as PS4 games, so I assume half the development costs as well.
#12GensokyoPosted 2/23/2013 4:01:30 AM
abbyhitter posted...
I'm mad that PS4 games will be $60. I was hoping they would be $70 so that it would hurt PS4 sells and help the Wii U.

*sits in corner and pouts*

You could always buy every single PS4 game and resell them for $70 yourself. Not only would it hurt PS4 sales in favour of the Wii U, but imagine the profit you'll make.
#13xChaosLordxPosted 2/23/2013 4:19:30 AM
Gensokyo posted...
abbyhitter posted...
I'm mad that PS4 games will be $60. I was hoping they would be $70 so that it would hurt PS4 sells and help the Wii U.

*sits in corner and pouts*

You could always buy every single PS4 game and resell them for $70 yourself. Not only would it hurt PS4 sales in favour of the Wii U, but imagine the profit you'll make.

The retailers are the ones who are gonna get screwed by Wii-U games after they have to bargain bin them for cheaper than they paid just to get rid of them. Target and Best Buy has already put up deals like buy 2 get 1 free.
#14beetle717Posted 2/23/2013 4:20:46 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
Wii-U games should drop to $25. Half the quality and half the graphics as PS4 games, so I assume half the development costs as well.

Wrong on all counts. In fact you couldn't be more wrong if you tried, congratulations. The quality is there even without the graphics the games make up for it with something lots of games lack....Fun!
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?
#15rockyminPosted 2/23/2013 4:56:48 AM
icarus231 posted...
It didnt say they would be $60 it said the $60 range could be $69.99 or $60 but only for digital versions as it also said sample before you buy. I think people should just wait till they actually see a real price in the store before assuming. Also how much is it going to cost you to replay games you already own. Glad nintendo had my back with bc and allowing me to transfer vc games.

Won't cost me a thing to play games I already own. I'll still have my PS3 and I'm betting PS1 and PS2 from PSN will be most likely be playable on the PS4.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#16xChaosLordxPosted 2/23/2013 4:58:30 AM
rockymin posted...
icarus231 posted...
It didnt say they would be $60 it said the $60 range could be $69.99 or $60 but only for digital versions as it also said sample before you buy. I think people should just wait till they actually see a real price in the store before assuming. Also how much is it going to cost you to replay games you already own. Glad nintendo had my back with bc and allowing me to transfer vc games.

Won't cost me a thing to play games I already own. I'll still have my PS3 and I'm betting PS1 and PS2 from PSN will be most likely be playable on the PS4.

I wouldn't count on it. But most people who even care about the classic games either got the systems, or emulate them on PC.
#17GLDanzegoPosted 2/23/2013 6:12:49 AM(edited)
Last I checked, Vita games being the same price as 3DS games doesn't seem to be having much of a negative effect on the sales of the latter, so yeah....

I think the bigger problem here is that ANY game which costs over a few bucks is considered overpriced due to "mobile gaming" (and its mostly awful lineup of games). Yet here we have people squabbling over the price difference between Wii U and PS4 games. You guys need to get your priorities straight.
#18GadZooks1357Posted 2/23/2013 6:15:08 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
Half the quality and half the graphics as PS4 games, so I assume half the development costs as well.

That said, I hope The Last of Us is only half price.