Why exactly is it taking Nintendo so long to release their Wii U titles?

#1ChevelIePosted 2/22/2013 10:54:24 AM
The PS4 was just announced and they already have Killzone: Shadow Fall, Driveclub, and Knack pegged as launch titles. Those are just first party Sony games alone and I'd say that's very impressive

The Wii U only had Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U...... but the system was announced a year and a half before launch, while the PS4 is releasing in a matter of months.

It makes no sense why Nintendo is taking so long with these games, Pikmin 3 doesn't even have a release date yet. Should Nintendo have built a more easy to develop for console like PS4?
---
Open fire
#2BroadwayGPUPosted 2/22/2013 10:55:46 AM
Because graphics
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#3SalsaSavantPosted 2/22/2013 10:55:47 AM
They can take all the time they want. As long as the games launch before the PS4, they're golden. So why not take time to make them as good as they can be, and make them into potential killer apps?
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#4AceMosPosted 2/22/2013 10:56:36 AM
yes adn sony NEVER lies about there release date's by the way how is team ico's new game they anouced liek 5 years ago

oh wait its not out.......
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5b1gt0nePosted 2/22/2013 10:57:29 AM
Sony is in dire straits that's why.
#6trenkenPosted 2/22/2013 10:57:48 AM
FYI, games take 2-3 years to make. The U did not exist 2-3 years ago.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7toad133Posted 2/22/2013 10:58:48 AM
ChevelIe posted...
The PS4 was just announced and they already have Killzone: Shadow Fall, Driveclub, and Knack pegged as launch titles. Those are just first party Sony games alone and I'd say that's very impressive

The Wii U only had Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U...... but the system was announced a year and a half before launch, while the PS4 is releasing in a matter of months.

It makes no sense why Nintendo is taking so long with these games, Pikmin 3 doesn't even have a release date yet. Should Nintendo have built a more easy to develop for console like PS4?

Why are you distinguishing between first and third party games? If you look at the Wii U's launch line up as a whole, it has a fantastic selection of games, and something for everyone.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#8icarus231Posted 2/22/2013 10:59:35 AM
Nintendo has 80 titles that should be out by the end of the year. So relax or quit trolling. Just because people dont like all the titles doesnt mean they dont exist.
#9pixel378Posted 2/22/2013 10:59:39 AM
AceMos posted...
yes adn sony NEVER lies about there release date's by the way how is team ico's new game they anouced liek 5 years ago

oh wait its not out.......

Thats being shown at e3 and could also be a launch title for ps4.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#10TerotrousPosted 2/22/2013 10:59:58 AM
ChevelIe posted...

Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Rayman Legends, and others were pegged as Wii U launch titles too. It's funny how that sometimes works out.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery