Why are Wii U people even arguing Graphics?

#11kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:08:11 PM
They are fighting with their innovative new controller, and great first party games. Sony only has graphics.

These topics always help me realize who to not take seriously.

How? The controller has potential to do some insane stuff. And the first party games are good? I mean this isn't even me being a fan boy? How is the controller with a touch screen like tablet not something new that when taken advantage of can create some complex deep gameplay? You may see it as a gimmick but you are just lying to yourself. If developers take advantage of it it can be great.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#12LUlGIPosted 2/22/2013 12:10:19 PM
They are fighting with their innovative new controller, and great first party games. Sony only has graphics.

These topics always help me realize who to not take seriously.

How? The controller has potential to do some insane stuff. And the first party games are good? I mean this isn't even me being a fan boy? How is the controller with a touch screen like tablet not something new that when taken advantage of can create some complex deep gameplay? You may see it as a gimmick but you are just lying to yourself. If developers take advantage of it it can be great.

No no, it's not the complimenting of Wii U that I'm not taking seriously. It's the part where you say Sony only has graphics, when we both know damn well that isn't true. >_>
#13bleedingelitePosted 2/22/2013 12:11:27 PM
DFMan456 posted...
bleedingelite posted...
DFMan456 posted...
kingbadjo posted...
Sony only has graphics.

Along with dull first party titles, and inferior third party support that could bore the sun to death.

Fix'd

Fanboy denial at its best.

How so? Ps3's story this gen was "It has all these great games, but you can play better versions of them on Xbox."

I know this from first hand experience. I was one of those poor souls who bought a PS3 when Adam Sessler told me that Uncharted 2 was the greatest single player experience he's ever had.

A few hours into the game, I was so bored by the linear, "cinematic experience" that I took the disc out and never played it again. Lo and behold, every other highly praised sony exclusive turned out to be the same thing. Other than a few awesome japanese gems like Yakuza, I ended up not having any reason to turn the thing on anymore.

With the Ps3 and the Vita, I was impressed enough by the hardware and the hype to get the machines, but I've learned my lesson. This time around, Sony's going to have to blow me away with the library and show me that they can do what Microsoft is doing, but better, for me to even consider getting a ps4.

But yeah, I'm a fanboy. Good job buddy.
#14DFMan456Posted 2/22/2013 12:11:44 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Fanboy alert!

Riiiiight, I'm the fanboy when you guys dismiss Sony's entire first party in one sweeping generalization. And the third party comment is simply hilariously ignorant. But logic is lost on you people.
#15qbertz716Posted 2/22/2013 12:15:38 PM
DFMan456 posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Fanboy alert!

Riiiiight, I'm the fanboy when you guys dismiss Sony's entire first party in one sweeping generalization. And the third party comment is simply hilariously ignorant. But logic is lost on you people.

Careful now, push them into a corner and they'll start screaming Mario over and over like lunatics.
#16kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:16:47 PM
oh... umm will this be better.

Sony: graphics (Insane visual potential) and 3rd party support, first party games.
Nintendo: Innovative controller (new gaming expirience possible), First party games, increasing third party support (as we can see with destiny, the witness etc).

I think somewhere along the line the games that microsoft and sony will share will also be on nintendo consoles.

So lets compare. Which is better for you.

Potential for amazing new gameplay or Potential for insanely real graphics.

and

Nintendo first party games or Playstation first party games.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#17ElectricMolePosted 2/22/2013 12:19:40 PM
Can a game using 3 to 8 gigabytes of RAM run just as well or run at all on a system with 2 gigabytes?

both Wii u and ps4 have AMD accelerated processing units, the one big difference being Sony bled out the money to get the APU with much more muscle.

they're almost like sibling hardware if you don't take controllers into consideration.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#18MetroidJunkiePosted 2/22/2013 12:21:50 PM
I don't think hardware limitations with graphics so much matter as the amount of effort a developer is willing to put into working with those limitations. I've seen very old games that still hold up graphically because there was effort placed into the presentation. At many levels, the graphics are the first impression you make of a game so it has to give you the impression that the developer put effort into it. It should do the system it's on justice. I'll play a DS game and be satisfied but be disgusted by a Ps2 engine slapped onto the Wii.
#19DFMan456Posted 2/22/2013 12:32:53 PM
kingbadjo posted...
So lets compare. Which is better for you.

Potential for amazing new gameplay or Potential for insanely real graphics.

and

Nintendo first party games or Playstation first party games.

Amazing new game play for sure. If it were up to me the Wii U would dominate this generation. I'd take the innovation of the tablet controller which I think is fantastic over raw graphical power. However, my issue with Wii U is that it is looking like we're going to have a sequel to the Wii/360/PS3 generation where the third party throws the majority of their support behind Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo is left with only a trickle of great exclusive third party titles.

Nintendo has the best first party games but they can't sate my gaming appetite alone, third party is a must. Because of this it currently looks like Sony and Microsoft will once again have that edge and I must go where the games go. The graphics their systems will produce is merely a plus.

I really wish I could be more optimistic about the Wii U but I can't see it being anything more but my number two console, solely used for Nintendo titles. It is a damn shame.
#20EnclavePosted 2/22/2013 12:35:38 PM
kingbadjo, Sonys big thing isn't graphics. You'll note the rumored specs of the Nextbox are pretty comparable to the PS4 specs. Sonys big thing is social integration. I'm not a fan of social integration but it's undeniable that is what Sony is focusing on and it's honestly a good strategy. People for the most part love that social networking crap.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.