this is why Nintendo is not selling wii u's

#41stoney2005Posted 2/23/2013 9:27:30 PM
darkstar4221 posted...
stoney2005 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
The Wii U isn't selling because of three reasons.

1.Terrible economy.
2.$60 retail video games
3.Lack of AA titles.

Although other consoles such as the 360 sold more units, hardware and software sales dropped significantly compared to last year as quoted in the article.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2415482,00.asp
Normalized hardware sales dropped 17 percent while software sales slid 19 percent.

The bottom line ... people are scared about the economy again. Gas prices are going up and their take-home pay is going down. Something's gotta give, and it's gonna be discretionary income, which is what one uses to buy a gaming console.

Yeah the economy... Stfu with that, it nothing to do with slow sales. $60 is the going rate for all games nowadays. The only thing on your list that makes sense is #3

Either you are blind or just a spend thrift moron. It's common sense if everything in price goes up ($4.25 a gallon in Cali) spending $40-60 a video game is a lot. I just posted a link where it explains for 14 months video games sales are on the decline, mainly because of the economy. But let me guess in your own world the economy is doing fine and rising prices has nothing to do with slow sales right?

I get the impression your an expert on the economy ..

Blah blah economy blah gas prices. Whatever man the rest of the US doesn't pay California gas prices.

The Wii U isn't selling well because of lack of software plain and simple.
---
Hmm a flag with the peace symbol on it. Your militant dictatorship can't have that, now can it Mario?
#42DTY3Posted 2/23/2013 10:00:01 PM
TC youve sold two Wii U's already. Why are you even still here?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#43kobalobasileusPosted 2/23/2013 10:12:45 PM
What would Nintendo show in ads? Ports of PS3/360 games everyone already owns? Mario and Nintendo Land? Miiverse?

Nintendo has a severe software shortage problem. If they can actually get some games out the door, people will regain interest in the WiiU with or without commercials.
#44DDP886(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 11:21:53 PM
stoney2005 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
stoney2005 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...

1.Terrible economy.
2.$60 retail video games
3.Lack of AA titles.

Although other consoles such as the 360 sold more units, hardware and software sales dropped significantly compared to last year as quoted in the article.
Normalized hardware sales dropped 17 percent while software sales slid 19 percent.

The bottom line ... people are scared about the economy again. Gas prices are going up and their take-home pay is going down. Something's gotta give, and it's gonna be discretionary income, which is what one uses to buy a gaming console.

Yeah the economy... Stfu with that, it nothing to do with slow sales. $60 is the going rate for all games nowadays. The only thing on your list that makes sense is #3

Either you are blind or just a spend thrift moron. It's common sense if everything in price goes up ($4.25 a gallon in Cali) spending $40-60 a video game is a lot. I just posted a link where it explains for 14 months video games sales are on the decline, mainly because of the economy. But let me guess in your own world the economy is doing fine and rising prices has nothing to do with slow sales right?

Blah blah economy blah gas prices. Whatever man the rest of the US doesn't pay California gas prices.

they need to advertise the wii u. i have yet to see a commercial for it
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#45MathewMansonPosted 2/23/2013 11:26:14 PM
DDP886 posted...
stoney2005 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
stoney2005 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...

1.Terrible economy.
2.$60 retail video games
3.Lack of AA titles.

they need to advertise the wii u. i have yet to see a commercial for it

I see them all the time in Australia...
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.