Why are you guys so excited for the Wonderful 101?

#41Oni_TaedoPosted 2/22/2013 9:32:16 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
It looks like crap. People should be excited for Pikmin 3, that's actually going to a good game. But The Wonderful 101 is garbage.

Both look good, and you're wrong.
It's a fact.

Pikmin style gameplay + Viewtiful art style + Crazy-ass BS that would make most of Go Nagai's stuff and TMNT look pretty tame = awesome.

Und, ze Vunderful vun-oh-vun, has all of zat.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#42DifferentialEquationPosted 2/22/2013 9:43:41 PM(edited)
Oni_Taedo posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
It looks like crap. People should be excited for Pikmin 3, that's actually going to a good game. But The Wonderful 101 is garbage.

Both look good, and you're wrong.
It's a fact.

Pikmin style gameplay + Viewtiful art style + Crazy-ass BS that would make most of Go Nagai's stuff and TMNT look pretty tame = awesome.

Und, ze Vunderful vun-oh-vun, has all of zat.

In Pikmin you actually use the characters in interesting ways and to accomplish meaningful goals; you'll need certain Pikmin to get past certain parts, some will be more effective at combat, some at carry things and you'll have to multi task with them.

In Wonderful 101, the characters just run around acting like a bunch of idiots. "Derp! Let's turn into a giant sword! Derp! Now let's turn into a plate of jello!" It's stupid. And the characters look like generic comic book rejects.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#43Sirian_HawkPosted 2/22/2013 9:45:35 PM
blankempathy posted...
Because it looks fun. A reason that seems to be lost on these boards.

This. Why are you playing games if it isn't for fun?
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#44geneticsftwPosted 2/22/2013 9:49:30 PM
Starwars4J posted...
AHarrison12 posted...
Show this to a Halo/COD fan as an answer to their hardcore games on the Wii U and they'll laugh in your face.

Yeah but who really has the time to wait for them to get out of school in order to do so?

lOl
---
Sweet
#45VenomSymbiotePosted 2/22/2013 9:50:29 PM
-It's made by Kamiya and Platinum games.
-Quirky
-Looks like a lot of fun.
-Kamiya
-Platinum
-Go down a water slide for craps and giggles.
-Has the style and charm of Viewtiful Joe.

I have no reason not to be excited for W101.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#46ProtoManEXE88Posted 2/22/2013 9:53:32 PM
I've played Wonderful 101 and I can't wait for it to come out.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#47MctiasPosted 2/22/2013 9:57:26 PM
Personally I have always been interested in the idea of turning my squad into a giant hand to punch giant robots in the face.
#48rudgerlightPosted 2/22/2013 9:59:26 PM
I came here to also post my love for Viewtiful Joe.

Seriously, if you're complaining about this game, please first answer whether or not you've played Viewtiful Joe and if you enjoyed it.
#49Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/22/2013 10:05:46 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Because they have no other games to play. Rayman was delayed in pikmin is missing.

Do you think you're big and bad?

Don't let it upset you.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#50iKhanicPosted 2/22/2013 10:19:02 PM
Because not every great game that pleases a hardcore audience is a rated M FPS.

Wonderful 101 looks like a really cool strategy game
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US