Why are you guys so excited for the Wonderful 101?

#51kdognumba1Posted 2/22/2013 10:29:58 PM(edited)
AHarrison12 posted...
Honestly, I think it looks like crap. I know people have hard ons for Platinum Games but this one looks really boring. When people talk about great Wii U exclusives they always say this game but it's an embarrassment that just continues to push the 'Nintendo is kiddy' cliche. Show this to a Halo/COD fan as an answer to their hardcore games on the Wii U and they'll laugh in your face.

So, why the love?

First off, CoD BO2 is on the system. Second, despite them being on other systems or good or not, so is Batman Arkham City, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Darksiders 2, Warriors Orochi 3, Fist of the North Star 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, and the very disappointing but still pew pew like 007 Legends. None of those are kiddy. If people are still saying that, especially after the Wii had THE MOST VIOLENT GAMES this closing generation (Madworld is one of the most violent games ever created and Manhunt 2 got the AO rating because of violence which no other game last gen received) they need to really expand their knowledge of games and try new things.

This isn't to say that these are Nintendo made games however, excluding an entire system based on some misconception or bias is not only ignorant, it cheats yourself from awesome games and hurts the industry as a whole. PS3 was not the RPG system, there were RPG's on all systems worth getting (especially handhelds). 360 was not the shooter system, there were more first party shooters on PS3 and good shooters worth checking out on all 3 systems. Nintendo systems are not kiddy, some of the most violent, foul mouth, and mature themed games can be found on their systems not to mention kid games can be found everywhere and a certain other Kinecting device is largely more family oriented then the Wii's library.

Second off, on the note of Wonderful 101, people are interested in this game for many reasons. Some of us played games before Halo and CoD and have fond memories of games like Pikmin, Viewtiful Joe, and the awesome content that Platinum games brought us. Also some of us have already tried the game over half a year ago at the Wii U events that were going around. Others are tired of the same themes or styles of games and just want something different. I actually fall into all 3 categories. I love Platinum games, I love Pikmin, Viewtiful Joe is one of my favorite series's, I'm tired of the constant westernized gritty shooters and casual motion games and want something original, and I played the game and loved it. It's a great game, I'd recommend it. If all you play is CoD and Halo, I won't recommend it but if you're a real gamer that plays all games, not just a certain genre, I highly recommend it.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#52king_maddenPosted 2/22/2013 10:56:57 PM
cant listen to anyone who feels there is a group called "real gamer".

on topic though, I think its getting more hype because its not a FPS, its a new IP, and its a Wii-U exclusive.
#53ukokira1Posted 2/22/2013 11:02:41 PM
1: developed by Platinum Games
2: 60 FPS
3: Viewtiful Joe+Pikmin= Hell yeah
4: New IP
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#54Archetype_SquidPosted 2/22/2013 11:27:10 PM
Hardcore: Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Etrian Odyssey, Infinite Space, Super Meat Boy, ZombiU, Half-Life series (sometimes), any game that requires a high degree of patience, intelligence, or strategy, etc.

Non-Hardcore: Anything between Hardcore and Casual

Casual: Newer Mario and Zelda games, party games, maybe Wonderful 101, "pick up and play," etc.

Filthy Casual: Skyrim, COD, Halo, most newer FPS's, any game where you can change the difficulty at any time

Not saying anything about the "fun factor" of said games (I rather liked Skyrim), but don't you (TC) dare call COD and Halo hardcore. They both require little to no strategy/intelligent thought or skill. Anyone can play those games at least semi-effectively
---
Why would anyone ever smoke weed when they could just mow a lawn? -Hank Hill
#55DifferentialEquationPosted 2/22/2013 11:35:25 PM
Archetype_Squid posted...
Hardcore: Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Etrian Odyssey, Infinite Space, Super Meat Boy, ZombiU, Half-Life series (sometimes), any game that requires a high degree of patience, intelligence, or strategy, etc.

Non-Hardcore: Anything between Hardcore and Casual

Casual: Newer Mario and Zelda games, party games, maybe Wonderful 101, "pick up and play," etc.

Filthy Casual: Skyrim, COD, Halo, most newer FPS's, any game where you can change the difficulty at any time

Not saying anything about the "fun factor" of said games (I rather liked Skyrim), but don't you (TC) dare call COD and Halo hardcore. They both require little to no strategy/intelligent thought or skill. Anyone can play those games at least semi-effectively

LOL @ calling party games "casual" but Skyrim and Shooters as "filthy casual".

Filthy Casual is crap like Angry Birds or Farmville.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#56DT-FoxPosted 2/23/2013 12:07:48 AM
I'm excited because it's got a certain charm that doesn't come around all too often in the industry anymore (IMO). It feels blatantly heroic without the overtone needing to be super gritty or dark the whole way though. Kinda like Kid Icarus Uprising, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, etc.

Ultimately, it may not be a AAA advertisement/publication hyped game, but it definitely looks like honest fun.
---
Favorite show atm: Shirokuma Cafe
:V
#57oxnerdPosted 2/23/2013 12:17:03 AM
Same with the PS4 exclusives.
#58kdognumba1Posted 2/23/2013 12:25:39 AM
king_madden posted...
cant listen to anyone who feels there is a group called "real gamer".

Does eating Pizza Hutt and McDonalds make you a foodie?

Does watching Transformers and Ironman make you a movie buff?

Does listening to Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber make you a music fan?

If you answered no to any of those questions, then how does playing CoD and Halo only differ with the term gamer? The description "real gamer" in my previous post is meant to describe somebody who plays games other then the fast food, in and trending, and big budget games. Don't take it out of context.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#59Frozz123Posted 2/23/2013 1:13:27 AM
I don't get how people don't like something because its too kiddy, yet they go to forums to cry like a little girl about it. Crying on forums sounds way more kiddy to me than playing some stupid game.
#60Kentaro21Posted 2/23/2013 1:16:50 AM
DT-Fox posted...
I'm excited because it's got a certain charm that doesn't come around all too often in the industry anymore (IMO). It feels blatantly heroic without the overtone needing to be super gritty or dark the whole way though. Kinda like Kid Icarus Uprising, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, etc.

Ultimately, it may not be a AAA advertisement/publication hyped game, but it definitely looks like honest fun.

Maybe not being AAA hyped is a good thing. Aliens: Coloniel Marines had a lot of hype behind it.....and it sucked.