Why are you guys so excited for the Wonderful 101?

#61DynheartPosted 2/23/2013 1:35:46 AM(edited)
kdognumba1 posted...
king_madden posted...
cant listen to anyone who feels there is a group called "real gamer".

Does eating Pizza Hutt and McDonalds make you a foodie?

Does watching Transformers and Ironman make you a movie buff?

Does listening to Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber make you a music fan?

If you answered no to any of those questions, then how does playing CoD and Halo only differ with the term gamer? The description "real gamer" in my previous post is meant to describe somebody who plays games other then the fast food, in and trending, and big budget games. Don't take it out of context.

While I agree, to an extent, there's no such thing as real gamer's Either you game, or you don't. The ones who buy the 1-5 dollar specials here and there? Those are time killers. Ask them if they are gamer's...they'll say no.

Now gamer's, like myself, play everything if it's quality. Yes, that includes the casual games as well. Rated M-E, I don't judge. If the game play is fun, I'll play it. IMO, more "real gamer's" need to have this mind set. Why? It's the smaller market/casual market that keeps the industry fresh, just like the mature games.

If that's your preference...cool. But the judgmental people in this industry can't get it through their heads that there's more to games than rated M super serious games. To be frank? I feel bad for the "real gamer"...as they limit their library. So many games that are awesome, but overlooked because it's not serious in tone. or not rated M.
---
Currently playing: DoA 4, Plants VS Zombies, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#62kdognumba1Posted 2/23/2013 2:46:05 AM
Dynheart posted...
kdognumba1 posted...
king_madden posted...
cant listen to anyone who feels there is a group called "real gamer".

Does eating Pizza Hutt and McDonalds make you a foodie?

Does watching Transformers and Ironman make you a movie buff?

Does listening to Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber make you a music fan?

If you answered no to any of those questions, then how does playing CoD and Halo only differ with the term gamer? The description "real gamer" in my previous post is meant to describe somebody who plays games other then the fast food, in and trending, and big budget games. Don't take it out of context.

While I agree, to an extent, there's no such thing as real gamer's Either you game, or you don't. The ones who buy the 1-5 dollar specials here and there? Those are time killers. Ask them if they are gamer's...they'll say no.

Now gamer's, like myself, play everything if it's quality. Yes, that includes the casual games as well. Rated M-E, I don't judge. If the game play is fun, I'll play it. IMO, more "real gamer's" need to have this mind set. Why? It's the smaller market/casual market that keeps the industry fresh, just like the mature games.

If that's your preference...cool. But the judgmental people in this industry can't get it through their heads that there's more to games than rated M super serious games. To be frank? I feel bad for the "real gamer"...as they limit their library. So many games that are awesome, but overlooked because it's not serious in tone. or not rated M.

Judging by your last 2 paragraphs we are on the same page then. Your post right here and my first one right above yours state the same thing. I was making the same point.

I used the term "real gamer" to describe somebody who would play a game like Wonderful 101 despite it not being the rated M dark gritty westernized shooter after pointing out the ridiculous bias the TC and people like him/her have for Nintendo systems saying there isn't any rated M games at all.

With that said, just like with quick 5 minute phone games and huge money sink broken mechanic social games, if a person only plays the big budget CoD and Halo like games, they're not gamers. I had a roomate that was like that and he would tell you straight up, he's not a gamer. I also have a cousin that only plays Halo, CoD and WoW and he'll tell you straight up, he's not a gamer. To be a real fan of any 1 thing, you have to be pationate about it and care about it enough to follow it and try new things. If people are only willing to play CoD and Halo that doesn't make them much of FPS fan much less a gamer.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#63arcnovaPosted 2/23/2013 3:37:46 AM
Archetype_Squid posted...
Hardcore: Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Etrian Odyssey, Infinite Space, Super Meat Boy, ZombiU, Half-Life series (sometimes), any game that requires a high degree of patience, intelligence, or strategy, etc.

Non-Hardcore: Anything between Hardcore and Casual

Casual: Newer Mario and Zelda games, party games, maybe Wonderful 101, "pick up and play," etc.

Filthy Casual: Skyrim, COD, Halo, most newer FPS's, any game where you can change the difficulty at any time

Not saying anything about the "fun factor" of said games (I rather liked Skyrim), but don't you (TC) dare call COD and Halo hardcore. They both require little to no strategy/intelligent thought or skill. Anyone can play those games at least semi-effectively

hell yea, hardcore casual here. i LOVE me some kick ass dark souls and SMB. both PHENOMENAL games
and i still love to pop in some mario, pokemon animal or zelda from time to time just to have a nice relaxing time
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#64BenzychenzPosted 2/23/2013 5:02:27 AM
I'm going to be buying a Wii U when the game comes out, the hype is definitely not due to being starved for games.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#65SnackasaurusPosted 2/23/2013 5:19:11 AM
Because it's a new, awesome looking IP that has had rave previews from all who've played it till this point created by a man who's gaming resume wipes it's ass with practically anybody else you can name drop in video games. Wonderful 101 is a BIG game.
#66abbyhitterPosted 2/23/2013 5:35:51 AM
lol. TC is full of so much fail.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#67ChipChippersonPosted 2/23/2013 6:22:54 AM
Because it looks humorous. Gaming today is a twisted bitter landscape of faux maturity and teeth gnashing, where is the fun, humor and light heartedness?
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#68bskiffingtonPosted 2/23/2013 11:10:06 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
It looks like crap. People should be excited for Pikmin 3, that's actually going to a good game. But The Wonderful 101 is garbage.

Both look good, and you're wrong.
It's a fact.

Pikmin style gameplay + Viewtiful art style + Crazy-ass BS that would make most of Go Nagai's stuff and TMNT look pretty tame = awesome.

Und, ze Vunderful vun-oh-vun, has all of zat.

In Pikmin you actually use the characters in interesting ways and to accomplish meaningful goals; you'll need certain Pikmin to get past certain parts, some will be more effective at combat, some at carry things and you'll have to multi task with them.

In Wonderful 101, the characters just run around acting like a bunch of idiots. "Derp! Let's turn into a giant sword! Derp! Now let's turn into a plate of jello!" It's stupid. And the characters look like generic comic book rejects.

Sad to say it but I think I agree with this poster, though I'm not a huge Pikmin fan either although I do own both games
#69AHarrison12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 1:25:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#70dancing_cactuarPosted 2/23/2013 1:27:39 PM
AHarrison12 posted...
I like how my opinion is being trashed

I also like how your opinion is being trashed.