So will Nintendo take Years to put back the entire Wii VC library on the Wii U??

#1HellsingOrgPosted 2/23/2013 1:53:46 AM(edited)
It took them years to add all the titles to the Wii shop and instead of releasing ALL the VC titles at once it looks like they are going to release 1 every month >_>

so how long until we get back to the original Wii VC shop total?
Years? maybe 2018?

I really want to buy

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Super Mario RPG
Secret of Mana
Smash Bros
Paper Mario

so how long until this already Wii VC eshop games come out for the Wii U eshop again?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 4:37:55 AM
bump
---
#3VoelgerPosted 2/23/2013 4:49:32 AM
Yes
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#4liveman789Posted 2/23/2013 4:51:49 AM
I believe they said they'd have all of the NES/SNES games on WiiU sometime this Summer. I could be wrong.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi47.tinypic.com/281sz81.jpg
#5KAMMYqueenPosted 2/23/2013 5:00:58 AM
liveman789 posted...
I believe they said they'd have all of the NES/SNES games on WiiU sometime this Summer. I could be wrong.

i dont know if they said that but they did say the VC will be up by summer
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#6choco manPosted 2/23/2013 5:50:11 AM
If I were you, I'd wait for this summer when the VC is up. After that, get what you want from it, and if there's something you want that isn't there, get it on the Wii mode VC. If the game you get from Wii mode ever comes to the Wii U VC, you'll only have to pay around a dollar to upgrade it.
---
...l...i...t...t...l...e...m...o...n...e...y...
#7crowe_1Posted 2/23/2013 6:02:57 AM
They probably will trickle the titles out again, which would be a huge mistake IMO. If Nintendo made the entire current VC available to Wii U off the bat and went from there adding more, advertising the hundreds of cheap, classic titles available that could be played straight on the gamepad, it would be a major selling point for a lot of people solely based on nostalgia. It would instantly make the eShop a lot more impressive as well.

Sadly, Nintendo probably won't do that and will instead try to milk individual VC titles on a week to week basis again, totally squandering the opportunity they have in front of them. They'd be sacrificing a few VC sales, sure, but making all titles available from the start could lead to increased console sales on the whole, which is better for them in the long-term.

Don't misunderstand me, though; I really hope I'm wrong. I can't wait to play aLttP and S&P on the gamepad. I don't mind the upgrade fee, I just don't want to have to wait years for certain games again.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#8crowe_1Posted 2/23/2013 6:10:49 AM
choco man posted...
If I were you, I'd wait for this summer when the VC is up. After that, get what you want from it, and if there's something you want that isn't there, get it on the Wii mode VC. If the game you get from Wii mode ever comes to the Wii U VC, you'll only have to pay around a dollar to upgrade it.

This is a good point as well. I think you need a Wii Remote for that but it's a good strategy for new users nonetheless. Most people probably don't even realize the Wii VC is there though, unfortunately.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#9HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 6:56:25 AM
crowe_1 posted...
They probably will trickle the titles out again, which would be a huge mistake IMO. If Nintendo made the entire current VC available to Wii U off the bat and went from there adding more, advertising the hundreds of cheap, classic titles available that could be played straight on the gamepad, it would be a major selling point for a lot of people solely based on nostalgia. It would instantly make the eShop a lot more impressive as well.

Sadly, Nintendo probably won't do that and will instead try to milk individual VC titles on a week to week basis again, totally squandering the opportunity they have in front of them. They'd be sacrificing a few VC sales, sure, but making all titles available from the start could lead to increased console sales on the whole, which is better for them in the long-term.

Don't misunderstand me, though; I really hope I'm wrong. I can't wait to play aLttP and S&P on the gamepad. I don't mind the upgrade fee, I just don't want to have to wait years for certain games again.

I hope we don't have to wait a ton ;_;
---
#10HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:53:18 PM
bump
---