Is anyone else SICK of Mario?

#231pokemonfreak97Posted 2/28/2013 10:59:14 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Sort of... I'm kinda getting fed up with the whole Mario kingdom and games.

I think Nintendo needs to make some new really good IPs that aren't stupid sport or party games or casual shovelware crap.
No Pikmin or Donkey Konga type stuff.

Pikmin is casual shovelware crap?

I'm with the guy with the un-spellable 1337-speak username. Pikmin is far from a "stupid sport" or a "party game"... which means Hellsing must be calling it casual shovelware crap. Thus, he needs to learn a little bit about the RTS genre, and he needs to come back, not necessarily liking Pikmin but at least recognizing that Pikmin (and variants, such as the 9-day challenge, which I can testify is hard as heck on the Wii version) is not a game for the unprepared.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#232DrumguyPosted 2/28/2013 11:16:01 AM
I don't every single Mario game in existence, so no.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#233StealthOmegaPosted 2/28/2013 11:30:13 AM
Spade59 posted...
Nintendo needs more IPs asap

or revive/improve older ones. What happened to f-zero and starfox?

your a troll.

They have plenty of IP. Starfox had 2 entries last gen you fool
---
Twitter - @FlameDragon_
#234KthulhuXPosted 2/28/2013 10:10:11 PM
The problem with saying "There have been X Mario games in the past Y years!" is that, although there are a TON of games with Mario in the title, there are also a LOT of different genres represented in those games. There are 2D platformers, 3D platformers, RPGs, sports games, racing games, minigame collections, etc.

Meanwhile, take a look at the God of War games. Six games plus two compilations within eight years, and they all play exactly the goddamn same.
#235Monkey_FuPosted 2/28/2013 10:22:18 PM
Yes... They all play exactly the same.... Kinda subtle aren't you... And. Nitpicking as well.
I mean what do you want them to do.... Bury ther series with doctor kratos... God of war kart, legend of infamous..... And it's the same jumping crap from every other Mario.... New, super , Mario land...... There are so many iterations you can get lost. And ppl talk about cod being stagnant
#236Chewy247Posted 2/28/2013 10:31:01 PM
Nope, I could never get sick of how they rebrand the character really. I like the 3D look of Mario and the super cute Paper Mario. Plus, Mario is my childhood and as long as Luigi is a playable character, I LOVES IT.
---
WRESTLEMANIA 29 Lets go Cena!
#237Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 2/28/2013 10:32:21 PM
New Super Mario Bros U is the best 2D Mario I've played since Mario World. So no, if I can get more games like this one then I'll be happy
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#238Chewy247Posted 2/28/2013 10:49:56 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
New Super Mario Bros U is the best 2D Mario I've played since Mario World. So no, if I can get more games like this one then I'll be happy

Super Mario 3D Land is what made me convert again. Amazing title.
---
WRESTLEMANIA 29 Lets go Cena!
#239Sir_HaxorPosted 3/1/2013 12:57:17 AM
I am. Haven't bought a Mario game in who knows when. It's sad when people are listing Style Savvy as a new IP. How about more series exposure. We got FE and Kid Icarus. Now where's the rest? So many unused IP's just collecting dust.

And sorry fanboys, not buying NSMB didn't suddenly make a new Metroid pop out of thin air.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board