Wii U Sales Performance Described as Historically Abysmal

#1Dinah7Posted 2/23/2013 9:55:18 AM
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/15/3990934/npd-january-2013-sales-figures-wii-u
http://i.imgur.com/6NgbhZE.png

The Wii U is flopping like no other. Will this be rectified once Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros is released?
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/23/2013 9:57:31 AM
Well they are.

Somehow this makes people who like it objectively terrible people.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3Lord_KagatoPosted 2/23/2013 9:58:25 AM
Dinah7 posted...
The Wii U is flopping like no other. Will this be rectified once Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros is released?

Games sell consoles. Not the other way around. When WiiU gets the games we want, it'll start selling.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#4HungtotheoverPosted 2/23/2013 10:00:54 AM
Wiisurance incoming...zing oh!
---
Zing Oh!!!
#5Kentaro21Posted 2/23/2013 10:02:26 AM
I guess that dude has never heard of the Gizmondo. It only sold 4000 systems total. Now that's abyssmal.
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/23/2013 10:06:39 AM
This is what generally happens the month of Jan. and part of the 1st quarter? Do people here have a hard time understanding this or what? Especially when it's new hardware right after the holidays. I'd say if these kinds of sales continue throughout Q1 and on, THEN, there would be cause for concern. As of now it's typical. Also, historically abysmal to what? That graph shows tells us nothing.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#7Dinah7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:08:09 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
This is what generally happens the month of Jan. and part of the 1st quarter? Do people here have a hard time understanding this or what? Especially when it's new hardware right after the holidays. I'd say if these kinds of sales continue throughout Q1 and on, THEN, there would be cause for concern. As of now it's typical. Also, historically abysmal to what? That graph shows tells us nothing.

Did you read the article in the first link?
#8darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/23/2013 10:09:55 AM
Dinah7 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

Sure, did. And I stand by what I posted.
---
#9darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/23/2013 10:12:11 AM
Also, it's hard to make a fairly accurate analysis of these things when considering the economy is in far worse shape now than it was 6 years ago. They're trying to base their statistics off the same kind of format and that doesn't work.
---
#10Dinah7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:12:56 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Dinah7 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

Sure, did. And I stand by what I posted.

"the figure represents a 38 percent decrease on sales for the original Wii at the same point in its life, and Gamasutra estimates that the actual number is between 45,000 and 59,000 consoles sold. If accurate, that would mean the Wii U performed worse in January than the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 did in any single month throughout their entire lifespan."

Still stand by what you posted?