Wii U is the weakest console so it is going to fail.

#1fhsfootball74Posted 2/23/2013 10:37:22 AM
Just like NES, SNES, PSone, DS, Wii and 3DS wait did I do that wrong? Remember power doesn't mean anything. It can fail for other reasons but it won't be because of its power just look at history.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#2force_user1975Posted 2/23/2013 10:38:14 AM
Well in the history of consoles, the most powerful console has never won a generation. Just some food for thought.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag "MOH Crapgamer" PSN "Crapgamer" Wii U "Crapgamer" Teammoh.com
#3OMG_AIDSPosted 2/23/2013 10:39:09 AM
get outta here, logic ain't welcome 'round these parts.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#4xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/23/2013 10:40:13 AM
Waiting to see how many posts will flood this topic that are on my ignore list. I expect 10-15 posts...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#5DifferentialEquationPosted 2/23/2013 10:40:50 AM(edited)
SNES was not weaker than the Genesis. It's hard to make a comparison between the two. The Genesis had a stronger CPU, but the SNES outclassed it in every other aspect.

The PS1 had weaker hardware than the N64, but it also used a vastly superior media format which made up for the gap in power.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#6fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:40:36 AM
OMG_AIDS posted...
get outta here, logic ain't welcome 'round these parts.

My mistake I forgot I was on Gamefaqs.
---
In SMOD we trust.
#7fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:42:19 AM(edited)
DifferentialEquation posted...
SNES was not weaker than the Genesis. It's hard to make a comparison between the two. The Genesis had a stronger CPU, but the SNES outclassed it in every other aspect.

The PS1 had weaker hardware than the N64, but it also used a vastly superior media format which made up for the gap in power.

PS1 had discs but was still weaker in raw power and the SNES is debatable I'll admit. Still the point I am making is valid.
---
In SMOD we trust.
#8BlackPhoenix127Posted 2/23/2013 10:43:24 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...

I have nothing to say on the SNES and Sega but LOLZ at thinking CDs made PS1's graphics better. It had room for high quality cutscenes, but it bombed hard when it came to in game graphics compared to the N64.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#9Fox133Posted 2/23/2013 10:44:20 AM
Does "winning" the generation mean selling the most consoles or having the best games and getting the most out of your console until the the day the next generation of consoles come out. Because the Wii sure didn't have the best games or last until the end.
#10DifferentialEquationPosted 2/23/2013 10:45:02 AM
fhsfootball74 posted...

PS1 had discs but was still weaker in raw power and the SNES is debatable I'll admit.

That's my point. The N64 and PS1 are hard to compare because the N64 was gimped by Nintendo's poor choice of media. But the PS4, Wii U and Nextbox will all be on equal footing in that area.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.