One thing I hate about the hardcore Nintendo fanbase...

#1SakurafanboyPosted 2/23/2013 3:30:11 PM
is that they seem to think that Nintendo is the only innovative company for gaming. That XBox and PlayStation just take everything from Nintendo and have 0 new ideas by themselves. This confuses and enrages me. Well, not so much on the enrage portion, but still. You do realize the motion control feature was first pitched to Sony and not Nintendo? That dual screens AND touch screens existed for over a decade? Nintendo didn't think those ideas up and patent them themselves. No these are things that have existed for years and years now.

Besides, Nintendo has copied too. Nintendo TVii? Sure sounds an awful lot like half of XBox 360's features. eShop? oh yeah that's not a blatant copy of XBox Live or PSN. Nope. Fact is, companies copy one another and that is true for all types of business, gaming or not.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2vash520Posted 2/23/2013 3:31:39 PM
its only game. y u heff to be mad?
---
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
#3bnui_ransderPosted 2/23/2013 3:31:51 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Game%26watch-donkey-kong-2.jpg

But really, a lot of these ideas have existed before any of these consoles considered adding it into their own features.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bnui
http://i.imgur.com/JIETL.png - an artists rendition of me
#4siddioownPosted 2/23/2013 3:32:11 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
is that they seem to think that Nintendo is the only innovative company for gaming. That XBox and PlayStation just take everything from Nintendo and have 0 new ideas by themselves. This confuses and enrages me. Well, not so much on the enrage portion, but still. You do realize the motion control feature was first pitched to Sony and not Nintendo? That dual screens AND touch screens existed for over a decade? Nintendo didn't think those ideas up and patent them themselves. No these are things that have existed for years and years now.

Besides, Nintendo has copied too. Nintendo TVii? Sure sounds an awful lot like half of XBox 360's features. eShop? oh yeah that's not a blatant copy of XBox Live or PSN. Nope. Fact is, companies copy one another and that is true for all types of business, gaming or not.

agreed. the only reason i like nintendo is because they make the best first party games ever period you cant get them anywhere else
#5squatch22Posted 2/23/2013 3:36:29 PM
Sony: ''Wii remote looks like a lolly. Its never gonna be a success''

''OMG. We need our own lolly shaped controller to cash in on Wii success!''
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#6Starwars4JPosted 2/23/2013 3:37:13 PM
lmao, you're comparing the simple concept of an online store to motion gaming? That's quite the reach there.

And please show us proof that Sony proposed the idea before Nintendo. The closest we have is that they patented a form of motion control not long before the Wii was announced, which would still put Nintendo conceptualizing the idea long before.

Also so you know, just because touch screens and dual screens have existed before Nintendo popularized them doesn't mean they didn't innovate with them. They weren't widely used in gaming before Nintendo, pure and simple. Of course after Nintendo got wildly successful with them the other companies do the same...surely it must be a coincidence ;)

Most of the problem people have with this really is that Sony has a nasty habit of making fun of Nintendo's innovations right before they tuck their collective tail between their legs and do the same thing in the desperate hopes of a bit of the cash Nintendo rakes in.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 3:37:51 PM
squatch22 posted...
Sony: ''Wii remote looks like a lolly. Its never gonna be a success''

''OMG. We need our own lolly shaped controller to cash in on Wii success!''

which most of Sony has abandoned. Only showed up once in the conference.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#8diggyfreshPosted 2/23/2013 3:38:53 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...

What's your point?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#9Lemmywinks13Posted 2/23/2013 3:40:20 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...

Nintendo doesn't invent things but they take things that exist and perfect them in the world of videogames.

Nintendo did invent the d-pad, which has been on EVERY controller since.
Nintendo created the standard 6 button layout, other companies added two more triggers much later.
Nintendo perfected analog controls in video games.
Nintendo revolutionized both 2d and 3d gaming.
Nintendo was the first to have a good wireless controller.
Nintendo was the first to utilize a touch screen in a gaming device.
Nintendo was the only one willing to take a risk on motion controls which clearly worked well for them and poorly for the competition by the time they copied it.
Nintendo was the first to put a camera in its controller.
The Vita is already trying to be turned into a Gamepad type device.
Nintendo was the first to properly utilize 4 controller ports in a console.

When I think of the other companies, I have trouble thinking of anything substantial they have done. Microsoft has a good online system. Sony took Nintendo's analog and added a second stick and clickable sticks, which I kind of hate anyways. Ummmm...yeah that's about it lol.
#10Starwars4JPosted 2/23/2013 3:41:44 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
which most of Sony has abandoned. Only showed up once in the conference.

So because Sony isn't as successful as Nintendo in what they copy means they didn't copy? I'm having a hard time following your point here.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade