One thing I hate about the hardcore Nintendo fanbase...

#31Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 4:09:48 PM
art_of_the_kill posted...
Don't you know, TC? Nintendo invented EVERYTHING that has to do with gaming. All Sony and MS have ever done in the industry is rip off Nintendo.

Oh, and the pro controller being a rip off of the 360 controller? Nope. The 360 controller was a rip off of the N64 controller. Hence, they did not rip off anything.

I look and I look hard at the 360 controller and I see no resemblance to the N64 controller. Well, maybe vaguely, but if anything its a much improved version of it. I loved the N64 back in the day but that controller was awkward as crap.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#32sentoworfPosted 2/23/2013 4:11:49 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
art_of_the_kill posted...
Don't you know, TC? Nintendo invented EVERYTHING that has to do with gaming. All Sony and MS have ever done in the industry is rip off Nintendo.

Oh, and the pro controller being a rip off of the 360 controller? Nope. The 360 controller was a rip off of the N64 controller. Hence, they did not rip off anything.

I look and I look hard at the 360 controller and I see no resemblance to the N64 controller. Well, maybe vaguely, but if anything its a much improved version of it. I loved the N64 back in the day but that controller was awkward as crap.

He's talking about the Wii U pro controller
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#33diggyfreshPosted 2/23/2013 4:15:45 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
diggyfresh posted...
@TC

So your point is that N is as bad as Sony/MS when it comes to copying? Or, in other words, N is not innovative because Sony/MS are equally not innovative.

My point is all 3 companies copy off of one another. Its just how businesses work. If something is working for Company A, Company B will want to dip their feet in that money pool.

I agree with that.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#34mjc0961Posted 2/23/2013 4:37:38 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
You do realize the motion control feature was first pitched to Sony and not Nintendo?

Wait, so the Power Glove was going to be for the Playstation and not the NES? ... OH, you have no idea what you're talking about. Got it.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#35mjc0961Posted 2/23/2013 4:38:49 PM
bnui_ransder posted...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Game%26watch-donkey-kong-2.jpg

But really, a lot of these ideas have existed before any of these consoles considered adding it into their own features.

NINTENDO RIPPED OFF NINTENDO FOR THE DS! Those bastards!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#36Muljo StphoPosted 2/23/2013 4:40:49 PM
Did "lolly" turn into slang for this at some point?
http://www.a3bs.com/imagelibrary/W47115/W47115_01_Hitachi-Wand-Massager-Hv-250R.jpg

Not that the Wii remote's design looked all that similar to that either. It has been put to some use as something kind of related to the more common usage of that "massager" by someone out there (I hope I'm not straining the limits of the forum's rules there), but most people should only think "TV remote" when they see the Wii remote.

motion control feature was first pitched to Sony and not Nintendo?

Huh? Also, wasn't the Power Glove (and maybe some other things from around that time that also didn't work that well) a motion controller?

That dual screens AND touch screens existed for over a decade

No arguments there, aside from mentioning that at least one of Nintendo's Game & Watch handhelds apparently had two screens.

Move inspired WiiMotion+

Errr, I'm pretty sure MotionPlus was announced and released first... Wasn't it? Let's see... wikipedia...

Motion Plus Adapter:
announced July 2008
released June 2009

Move:
announced June 2009
released September 2010

So I am remembering that correctly then. Now, the updated Wii remotes with the MotionPlus tech built in, on the other hand? Yes, those came a little bit later... announced September 2010 and released October 2010.

And it would be fair to point out that the EyeToy half of the the Move tech already existed for PS2. It was just underused and poorly received until they repackaged it with a new controller as the Move.

One other thing from the Motion Plus's page there:
The Wii MotionPlus was conceived soon after the completion of the initial Wii Remote design, to address developer demand for more capable motion sensing, but was only announced after the sensors could be purchased in sufficient volume at a reasonable price.[8][17] During a developer roundtable discussion at E3 2008, Wii Sports Resort producer Katsuya Eguchi discussed the potential influence of the Wii MotionPlus on the Wii's existing market, stating that Nintendo was looking at whether the MotionPlus capability will be built into the Wii Remote in the future, or kept "as an attachment we only use for certain software."[18]

To be fair, I suppose you could take from this that Nintendo made a final decision on making upgraded remotes after Sony announced Move.

Anyway, yeah, nobody with any sense is going to try and argue what the TC claims that they're arguing. Companies will often try to adapt something if they see it working well for their competition. That's just business. Nintendo just has more of a reputation for being the one to take the big risk first on something that hasn't been tested much in this field. Maybe Sony could have at some point had some people in their Research and Development department taking a look at motion controls, and that may or may not have been before anyone at Nintendo was doing the same thing. But ultimately Sony dismissed whatever they had and shelved the idea until after they saw what Nintendo was doing. Pretend that the Motion Plus and Wii remote had never come out. Say that Nintendo just released a fairly standardized controller just like everyone else. What are the chances in this scenario that Sony ever would have pulled that research back out to create the Move?
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#37AceMosPosted 2/23/2013 4:45:31 PM
tehponycorn posted...
I lol that everyone forgets this.
Nintendo created Playstation
had nintendo not broken out of their contract with Sony, Playstation never would've existed in the first place.

ignorance

nintendo backed out of that becus sony wanted all the IP's

say mario 64 had been on the nintedostation

then sony madet ehre own conolse later

that would have given them mario 64 rathr than nintendo wo made it
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#38diggyfreshPosted 2/23/2013 4:45:50 PM
It might not have anything to do with business judgment. It could be the market. Sony fans are too small minded to accept innovation. And Nintendo fans are open to new things. So, Nintendo innovates to please its fans, and Sony maintains a status quo to please its fans.

Sometimes the simple answer is best.
---
#39iKhanicPosted 2/23/2013 5:08:52 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
is that they seem to think that Nintendo is the only innovative company for gaming. That XBox and PlayStation just take everything from Nintendo and have 0 new ideas by themselves. This confuses and enrages me. Well, not so much on the enrage portion, but still. You do realize the motion control feature was first pitched to Sony and not Nintendo? That dual screens AND touch screens existed for over a decade? Nintendo didn't think those ideas up and patent them themselves. No these are things that have existed for years and years now.

Besides, Nintendo has copied too. Nintendo TVii? Sure sounds an awful lot like half of XBox 360's features. eShop? oh yeah that's not a blatant copy of XBox Live or PSN. Nope. Fact is, companies copy one another and that is true for all types of business, gaming or not.

I almost completely agree with you. Nintendo is not the only innovator out there. They are just incredibly good at selling innovative ideas. Sony had pitched MCs first, but they didn't sell it nearly as well as Nintendo did.

I wouldn't say Nintendo TVii is an XBOX 360 idea as much as it is an Apple TV idea, but still, its not Nintendo's.

Even though the DS preceded the iPhone, touch screen smartphones that played games still existed. But again, Nintendo put it into a much more marketable form.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#40diggyfreshPosted 2/23/2013 7:59:21 PM
iKhanic posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
is that they seem to think that Nintendo is the only innovative company for gaming. That XBox and PlayStation just take everything from Nintendo and have 0 new ideas by themselves. This confuses and enrages me. Well, not so much on the enrage portion, but still. You do realize the motion control feature was first pitched to Sony and not Nintendo? That dual screens AND touch screens existed for over a decade? Nintendo didn't think those ideas up and patent them themselves. No these are things that have existed for years and years now.

Besides, Nintendo has copied too. Nintendo TVii? Sure sounds an awful lot like half of XBox 360's features. eShop? oh yeah that's not a blatant copy of XBox Live or PSN. Nope. Fact is, companies copy one another and that is true for all types of business, gaming or not.

I almost completely agree with you. Nintendo is not the only innovator out there. They are just incredibly good at selling innovative ideas. Sony had pitched MCs first, but they didn't sell it nearly as well as Nintendo did.

I wouldn't say Nintendo TVii is an XBOX 360 idea as much as it is an Apple TV idea, but still, its not Nintendo's.

Even though the DS preceded the iPhone, touch screen smartphones that played games still existed. But again, Nintendo put it into a much more marketable form.

Nintendo is very good at this. It's their claim to fame really. They have an eye for taking existing technology and repurposing it.

They are also very confident with their ideas. If N was an actual person, I'd say he's got traits necessary to be a good entrepreneur.
---