xenoblade.... jorney worth taking?

#31redbuckPosted 2/24/2013 8:39:29 AM
The combat is too... MMO-ish for my liking, and while most will say this as a positive, the world is just too huge. Also, if they mean anything to you, the graphics aren't as good as we've come to expect from this generation.

So while I'd personally say no, I'm in the minority. So many people love this game, so chances are, you will too.
#32ballermat982Posted 2/24/2013 8:50:22 AM
I've been trying to get that game for months now. I say go for it. Good luck man!
#33No_MegaPosted 2/24/2013 8:52:22 AM
Xechs posted...
Starts off amazing but kinda drags gameplaywise near half way and I really didn't like the second half of the the game or where the story went, they added needless love triangles and the story just went down hill. Definitely one of monoliths weakest narratives.

Is it worth the journey, maybe, it's definitely one of the best JRPG available to nintendo consoles so if you only have that then it's worth a look, but if you have other consoles or handhelds it's kinda just ok.

I agree with this as well. The narrative really lost me at a certain point, and it never got better. The characters were so mild and inoffensive that I grew irritated with them.

The gameplay stayed fresh and fun for much of the game, but I grew tired of it near the end. Rather than level grind for the final boss so that my attacks would hit, I just used a cheat code because I didn't really care at that point.

The environments are enormous and spectacular for perhaps 2/3 of the game. I converted my copy of the game to play on a computer, so the graphics seemed very good for me.

If you're still intrigued by the game, you may as well give it a shot, but be warned that you may find it disappointing later on.
#34ilexukiPosted 2/24/2013 9:44:44 AM
heavily overrated, and i think it's due to weak offerings of rpgs on the wii, and this gen in general.

the game is heavily flawed in every aspect, it's not a bad game, but those flaws were a big turn off to the point i stopped playing the game.

my biggest problem, and what made me just stop playing , is the quest system. there is no way to track quests, and when entering a new area you could pick up as many as 20 different quests. there is no way to track the quest automatically, you have to go into the menu, and the menu takes a long time to load each time you open it, then you have to scroll to the quest to get info on it, and they don't always update as you work toward completing the quest. then if you complete the quest you have to remember what time of day the quest giver was out cause a lot of npcs only come out at certain time of day, and that means either google, or running thru the area multiple times changing the time.

this coupled with the terrible party AI (heal the ****ing tank) made me just give up on the game. also, the graphics are really really bad,and the animation specifically when you jump is really bad, which i don't understand because monlithsoft has very talented artists, so i assume it's due to wii tech limitatipns

i'll probably finish the game eventually but right now the flaws are keeping me from playing and enjoying the game
---
The weak die out and the strong survive....which are you?
#35IppynPosted 2/24/2013 9:54:50 AM
Ni No Kuni is a much better representative of JRPGs this gen, so if you own a PS3 I'd suggest that over Xenoblade. Not that the latter is a bad game, but it's just not as good as some other games out there now.
#36Blaze3244Posted 2/24/2013 10:05:07 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It's alright, but overhyped on this board though.
#37El_ZaggyPosted 2/24/2013 10:31:32 AM
xenoblade must be the most overrated game last gen.
Its an okay game, just some jrpg but its okay.

The problem was it was on the wii, a fail system with no good games. So when an okay game is onn the system that no good games are, its automatically viewed as a great awesome game. Look at Skyward Sword, its mediocre at best. But there was no good hack n slash on the wii, so SS was automatically considered as awesome.

Thats what happens when your system has no great games. get a PS3 and a 360 or even a 3ds if you want to play better jrpg.
#38CuteBlueBabyBeaPosted 2/24/2013 10:43:41 AM
1st half is amazing. 2nd half is alright.

overall, it's worth playing.
#39CelesEsperIce3Posted 2/24/2013 10:45:30 AM
ilexuki posted...
heavily overrated, and i think it's due to weak offerings of rpgs on the wii, and this gen in general.

the game is heavily flawed in every aspect, it's not a bad game, but those flaws were a big turn off to the point i stopped playing the game.

my biggest problem, and what made me just stop playing , is the quest system. there is no way to track quests, and when entering a new area you could pick up as many as 20 different quests. there is no way to track the quest automatically, you have to go into the menu, and the menu takes a long time to load each time you open it, then you have to scroll to the quest to get info on it, and they don't always update as you work toward completing the quest. then if you complete the quest you have to remember what time of day the quest giver was out cause a lot of npcs only come out at certain time of day, and that means either google, or running thru the area multiple times changing the time.

this coupled with the terrible party AI (heal the ****ing tank) made me just give up on the game. also, the graphics are really really bad,and the animation specifically when you jump is really bad, which i don't understand because monlithsoft has very talented artists, so i assume it's due to wii tech limitatipns

i'll probably finish the game eventually but right now the flaws are keeping me from playing and enjoying the game

Pretty much this ^^^

I liked the graphics, but pretty much everything else about the game turned me off. 15 hours into the game I just quit, making this the only RPG I've ever started and not finished. I got drawn into all the Operation Rainfall hype and wasted 60 bucks on a crap game to support an industry that is already the living dead. RIP good RPGs
---
Go ahead, believe everything the media tells you, they would never lie to you, right?
#40BruceWayneJrPosted 2/24/2013 10:47:15 AM
yes.... tak the jorney