I just spent all day playing Other M

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/24/2013 12:13:36 AM
Wonderful game. Hope Sakamoto makes the next game like it. I would accept more exploration though.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2Virus66Posted 2/24/2013 12:16:11 AM
I agree. I liked the game as a whole.

However, you may want to jump behind this Flame Shield +1. It's gonna get ugly TC...

*inb4AceMosandsexism*
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3wugeezyPosted 2/24/2013 12:17:33 AM
I liked it better than the prime series. Other M wasn't that great. But I hated the prime series. 1st person controls didn't suit the series well I thought.
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:17:36 AM
*equips Flame Shield*
I concur. I still don't get the sexism thing though. I just don't see it.
---
#5IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/24/2013 12:18:55 AM
Gameplay was okay, storyline is awful though. Overall very low tier Metroid game.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#6wugeezyPosted 2/24/2013 12:19:11 AM
The thing I really hated was the explanation for her not using her abilities. Now that was dumb.
#7Tino_Tonitini2Posted 2/24/2013 12:21:25 AM(edited)
I honestly enjoyed it.

My complaint about the story wasn't Samus's characterization but rather that I found it confusing and not particularly satisfying. Nonetheless, it didn't detract from the fun that I had while playing the game.
#8Tino_Tonitini2Posted 2/24/2013 12:21:04 AM
wugeezy posted...
The thing I really hated was the explanation for her not using her abilities. Now that was dumb.

I'll agree with that.
#9Virus66Posted 2/24/2013 12:21:33 AM
wugeezy posted...

Yeah, that's really dumb. Gameplay mechanics tend to override any plot structure. It's a sad truth
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:24:02 AM
wugeezy posted...

I actually thought about every criticism as I played and my main way of going about this was imagining each scene without any inner monologue. If you take the scene without Samus's thoughts, it's pretty clear. Adam clearly states at the beginning, "If you wish to join us, you must follow my orders," essentially meaning she was to act exactly as if she was a member of that squadron. If not the she would absolutely have to leave the area lest she'd be breaking the law.
---