I just spent all day playing Other M

#111DrkVrtxPosted 2/25/2013 12:09:26 PM
At this point, Other M topics just need to be locked on sight. This is doing none of us any favours.
#112IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/25/2013 12:15:32 PM
DrkVrtx posted...
At this point, Other M topics just need to be locked on sight. This is doing none of us any favours.

Especially PANDA, he's goin around other Metroid topics taking about how he proved people wrong here
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#113TheRedneck14Posted 2/25/2013 12:18:20 PM
It was a decent game, doesn't deserve all of the hate it gets but it does have some very noticeable flaws.
---
Supreme Overlord of Generation 90's http://i47.tinypic.com/4gg404.jpg
Please call me Joe, I dislike my username on here.
#114CSplitterPosted 2/25/2013 12:20:33 PM
TheRedneck14 posted...
It was a decent game, doesn't deserve all of the hate it gets but it does have some very noticeable flaws.

That's the thing with Metroid. When you have a name synonymous with quality, quality is what's expected out of you.

And they failed to deliver that.
---
~.~
#115ZBug_Posted 2/26/2013 5:11:12 AM
CSplitter posted...
TheRedneck14 posted...

That's the thing with Metroid. When you have a name synonymous with quality, quality is what's expected out of you.

And they failed to deliver that.

I also agree with this. Maybe Other M wasn't a completely horrible. Maybe it's still fun. But it IS a horrible Metroid game, and a mediocre stand alond game, that doesn't live up to the other metroid games.
I'm a pretty big Metroid fan, it's my favorite series amongst the top Nintendo first party series'. But this game isn't a good Metroid game. It's like it's some poor quality third party game by a beginner company of designers, trying to make it big, with Metroid paint slap carelessly over it.
And people bashed fusion because it lacked exploration, I liked Fusion when it came out, I still like fusion. It's a good Metroid game, an easy Metroid game. But still a Metroid game. Other M, is not a Metroid game, or shouldn't be one at least.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#116lipnox88Posted 2/26/2013 5:52:16 AM
I like the concept of metroid other M but the level design was terrible. felt like all assets came from ninja gaiden and well... a lot of the time I forgot I was even playing a metroid game.
---
Currently Enjoying;Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2, mario U, nintendo land,boycotting Ubi$oft and there garbage games
#117MetroidJunkiePosted 2/26/2013 6:03:51 AM
The writing was lackluster, the game was too linear, and the unskippable cutscenes were an annoyance to people who play Metroid games for the gameplay. That being said, it was still a pretty good game. I'll admit, it's one of the weaker entries in the series but I won't call it a BAD game. I think Sakamoto can make the Metroid games deeper in plot but there are some issues that need to be addressed and the entertainment that blessed most of the other games in the series shouldn't be sacrificed.
#118P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 6:05:28 AM
I hate when people say "It's an okay game but a bad so-and-so game". That makes no f'n sense. It's either fun, or it's not. If it has a certain title, then it's that series.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#119darkjedilinkPosted 2/26/2013 6:30:25 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I hate when people say "It's an okay game but a bad so-and-so game". That makes no f'n sense. It's either fun, or it's not. If it has a certain title, then it's that series.

It's supposedly a Metroid game, with NOTHING Metroid in it. No exploration. No continuity with the series. No Metroid gameplay. No collecting of powerups. Hell, you don't even get missile ammo or energy in the game.

Even if someone was stupid enough to like the game, there's no way anyone could logically say it's a good Metroid game, since - outside of names - it has nothing to do with the Metroid universe.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#120P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 6:36:00 AM
darkjedilink posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

It's supposedly a Metroid game, with NOTHING Metroid in it. No exploration. No continuity with the series. No Metroid gameplay. No collecting of powerups. Hell, you don't even get missile ammo or energy in the game.

Even if someone was stupid enough to like the game, there's no way anyone could logically say it's a good Metroid game, since - outside of names - it has nothing to do with the Metroid universe.

The characters, enemies, story, etc are all related to Metroid. There is exploration but it's been severely toned down. It fits within the continuity and is reminiscent of past 2D Metroid games. Powerups here are authorized or activated, with the exception of Super Bombs which are found. There are also tons of missile and energy upgrades. Did you even play this game?
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa