Am I the only one sick of Zelda games?

#1MasterMoronPosted 2/24/2013 8:58:35 AM
I don't think there's really been a great Zelda game since A Link to the Past. Link's Awakening was okay. I do not understand why Ocarina of Time is so popular. I thought it sucked and it began the series downward spiral into endless prequels. I mean, yeah, A Link to the Past was a prequel as well, but it was one prequel. I always wanted the franchise to go back to the original story after that, but it never did. Majora's Mask was okay. I didn't even bother with Wind Waker. I bought Twilight Princess and I thought it was boring for the most part. The story is so convoluted at this point that I'm not even going to try to figure it out. I'm so sick of every game being a prequel or a sequel to a prequel. I want them to just go back and do a sequel to Zelda 2. And why on earth have the only games that have ever tried to emulate Zelda 2's style been the CD-I games? It would be really awesome to do another side scrolling Zelda.
#2nickvd8Posted 2/24/2013 9:00:19 AM
Given your questionable views on the Zelda franchise I'd say your Gamefaqs username accurately describes you. Well done.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#3CannskePosted 2/24/2013 9:00:20 AM
Yes, you are special and unique
---
This is war, survival is your own responsibility
#4blazingsonicPosted 2/24/2013 9:05:16 AM
Dis one of dim new fangled Joke Topics?
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#5ChipChippersonPosted 2/24/2013 9:05:55 AM
I'm not a huge fan to begin with but I think the games ''inspired'' by the series like Darksiders are much more enjoyable. The last Zelda I also enjoyed was LttP.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 2/24/2013 9:11:54 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
I'm not a huge fan to begin with but I think the games ''inspired'' by the series like Darksiders are much more enjoyable. The last Zelda I also enjoyed was LttP.

maybe zelda's not for you.
#7Soanevalcke6Posted 2/24/2013 9:14:50 AM
You should probably play Wind Waker, it's very close to the Greatness of A Link to the Past.

inb4... ah whatever
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#8Xtreme-VoidPosted 2/24/2013 9:20:50 AM(edited)
In my adolescence time, I like Zelda on Snes and Crusaders of Ragnacenty (zelda style game) on Sega much.

Now it's not Zelda I want, I want Skyrim, The Witcher, MGS, Dragon Age, Fallout, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc etc.

Seriously some people just don't know when to quit and grow up.
#9squidgy617Posted 2/24/2013 9:21:29 AM(edited)
Alright bro.

Zelda is my favorite video game series, and I can honestly say that Zelda and Zelda 2 are my least favorite games. The best ones are the 3D ones. There has yet to be a bad Zelda game released, IMO. And I actually started on LttP, I just didn't like it nearly as much as I've liked the 3D games.

So yeah, you're probably the only one sick of Zelda.

EDIT: You and the guy below me, I mean.
#10Dr_FacerPosted 2/24/2013 9:20:13 AM
MasterMoron posted...
I don't think there's really been a great Zelda game since A Link to the Past. Link's Awakening was okay. I do not understand why Ocarina of Time is so popular. I thought it sucked and it began the series downward spiral into endless prequels. I mean, yeah, A Link to the Past was a prequel as well, but it was one prequel. I always wanted the franchise to go back to the original story after that, but it never did. Majora's Mask was okay. I didn't even bother with Wind Waker. I bought Twilight Princess and I thought it was boring for the most part. The story is so convoluted at this point that I'm not even going to try to figure it out. I'm so sick of every game being a prequel or a sequel to a prequel. I want them to just go back and do a sequel to Zelda 2.

O_O Your thoughts about the franchise exactly mirror my own.

My mind is blown, I've never found another person who had the same opinion.