Am I the only one sick of Zelda games?

#11LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/24/2013 9:42:19 AM
The "there's no game to match the greatness of LttP" stuff is really old now.

LttP was IMMEDIATELY dethroned by Ocarina of Time, and both were surpassed by Majora's Mask. Wind Waker's incredible art style and lighthearted approach was exceptional, and stopped the series from becoming stale.

Twilight Princess, while not matching the greatness of its predecessors, was also a VERY solid game that improved on alot of aspects in OoT, and boasts the best dungeons in the series.

Skyward Sword is where things got sloppy with its more linear approach, but even so, it's a step in the right direction in alot of areas.

Nintendo have already confirmed they're rethinking the conventions of Zelda, so I doubt the series will be getting stale any time soon.

The series is fine as-is, and LttP is incredibly overrated. I'd argue that Link's Awakening is far better, but that's for another time.
#12LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/24/2013 9:44:05 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
I'm not a huge fan to begin with but I think the games ''inspired'' by the series like Darksiders are much more enjoyable. The last Zelda I also enjoyed was LttP.

lol Darksiders
#13SF_BombPosted 2/24/2013 9:48:07 AM
Dr_Facer posted...
MasterMoron posted...
I don't think there's really been a great Zelda game since A Link to the Past. Link's Awakening was okay. I do not understand why Ocarina of Time is so popular. I thought it sucked and it began the series downward spiral into endless prequels. I mean, yeah, A Link to the Past was a prequel as well, but it was one prequel. I always wanted the franchise to go back to the original story after that, but it never did. Majora's Mask was okay. I didn't even bother with Wind Waker. I bought Twilight Princess and I thought it was boring for the most part. The story is so convoluted at this point that I'm not even going to try to figure it out. I'm so sick of every game being a prequel or a sequel to a prequel. I want them to just go back and do a sequel to Zelda 2.

O_O Your thoughts about the franchise exactly mirror my own.

My mind is blown, I've never found another person who had the same opinion.

---
Black 2 FC: 1808 0000 3910
#14Soanevalcke6Posted 2/24/2013 9:48:07 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
In my adolescence time, I like Zelda on Snes and Crusaders of Ragnacenty (zelda style game) on Sega much.

Now it's not Zelda I want, I want Skyrim, The Witcher, MGS, Dragon Age, Fallout, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc etc.

Seriously some people just don't know when to quit and grow up.

Are you trying tho get the nominee for Most Hilarious Post of the Year 2013?
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#15DannyM4nn1223Posted 2/24/2013 9:49:55 AM
i really didnt believe they were all direct sequels correct me if im wrong though. also would every game in any series be a sequel so TCs point is invalid when he comes to sequels
---
Nin ID: XqwazarX34
Former member of the DS clan in Goldeneye wii. Manny
#16Xtreme-VoidPosted 2/24/2013 10:28:38 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
In my adolescence time, I like Zelda on Snes and Crusaders of Ragnacenty (zelda style game) on Sega much.

Now it's not Zelda I want, I want Skyrim, The Witcher, MGS, Dragon Age, Fallout, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc etc.

Seriously some people just don't know when to quit and grow up.

Are you trying tho get the nominee for Most Hilarious Post of the Year 2013?

I think this really hit the spot

grow up please
#17lt519Posted 2/24/2013 10:36:04 AM
I didn't finish Skyward Sword, it was fun, but it didn't have enough oomph. If there is anything I hate in video games, it's revisiting the same location over and over again. It's a quick way to turn me off. I don't mind games like Metroid where you have to back track to open a NEW area, but playing the same area with new things in it is annoying.

Console wise I loved everything up to Skyward Sword including Twilight Princess. For handhelds I did not finish Spirit Tracks but did finish Phantom Hourglass. Again I think Spirit Tracks wasn't new enough.
#18TrueBlue91Posted 2/24/2013 10:45:22 AM
The quality of Zelda games has been going
___
.....\
......\
.......\
........\
.........\
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#19rajin_donutsPosted 2/24/2013 12:22:44 PM
I view Zelda as an action puzzler series with most of the emphasis on the puzzle aspects of the game. While I would like to see a Skyrim-ish type Zelda game, I think the game would no longer be "Zelda". Still, I would like more incentive to kill monsters aside from gaining money. I would not mind seeing some type of exp system in a future Zelda game to add a little more depth to Link's powers and abilities. Lastly, I would not mind seeing a Zelda game where the player controls Zelda.
#20MctiasPosted 2/24/2013 1:01:27 PM
The thing with Zelda is that it doesn't need to change that much, because it is fundamentally a great game.

Personally I kind of find it a bit tedious by now, but I have played all the major installments, starting from the NES, bar SkyWard Sword.

But take a kid, that has never played a Zelda game, he will forever remember it very fondly, no matter which it is.

You will often find people that tell you Link to the Past was the best, others will tell you Ocarina was the best, same for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and SkyWard Sword. If you ask those people how many Zelda games they have played before, you would most likely learn that it was it's first or second game.