Where is Snowboard Kids Wii U at?

#1Con5005Posted 2/24/2013 10:12:36 AM
The first two games on the N64 were amazing and I must say while first game has better music , the second one had a lot of customization and more stages to play on which made it the better game.

The DS one pretty much was reboot looked weird with the characters looking like they could be Digimon wielders/ some Shin Tensei megami spinoff characters.

It became just a regular snowboarding game at face value and the element thing wasn't the greatest idea ever.Its customization was gone and all the boards look normal with there not being many.(if you look at it , it also didn't play like sbk with a more tamed gravity and less air time.)

I think now is the best time for a new game and with elements removed and trying different artstyle but not changing the way the series is known to be played , it would be great Wii U title and with possibility of Online being new feature.
#2toad133Posted 2/24/2013 10:49:22 AM
Atlus is too busy catering to the Persona fans to care about Snowboard Kids sadly. :<

What I find extra odd is that the first game sold a million copies on the N64 alone. You'd think they would be keen to carry on the franchise. Though, I think the main issue is Mario Kart wasn't quite established back then, whereas now it's pretty much the main kart racer out there and takes a lot of the focus.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#3Con5005(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 11:01:21 AM
toad133 posted...
Atlus is too busy catering to the Persona fans to care about Snowboard Kids sadly. :<

What I find extra odd is that the first game sold a million copies on the N64 alone. You'd think they would be keen to carry on the franchise. Though, I think the main issue is Mario Kart wasn't quite established back then, whereas now it's pretty much the main kart racer out there and takes a lot of the focus.

Atlus is only the publisher of the game but the creators are Racjin who are not related to them at all.
#4toad133Posted 2/24/2013 6:25:30 PM
Con5005 posted...
toad133 posted...

Atlus is only the publisher of the game but the creators are Racjin who are not related to them at all.

They own the IP as the publisher. Publishers can carry on franchises without certain developers (that's what they did for the DS one after all)
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#5MctiasPosted 2/24/2013 7:42:56 PM
Snowboard Kids?

If any game about snowboarding should be released on the Wii U, it should be 1080 Snowboarding, no contest. Of course it would play at 1080p.
#6MisterSpliffPosted 2/24/2013 8:27:40 PM
I enjoyed Snowboard Kids back in the day, but I don't see it doin so hot now a days.

I agree with the above, bring us 1080 Snowboarding. =o
---
PSN: x-Spliph-x
#7TMW001Posted 2/24/2013 8:29:55 PM
Mctias posted...
Snowboard Kids?

If any game about snowboarding should be released on the Wii U, it should be 1080 Snowboarding, no contest. Of course it would play at 1080p.

This if not Snowboard kids 1080 would be amazing!
#8TerotrousPosted 2/24/2013 8:42:28 PM(edited)
If you want a more normal snowboarding game, get Shaun White Road Trip (which is a Wii game). It's like a better SSX Tricky, which in itself is far better than 1080 ever was.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9Nate_DihldorffPosted 2/24/2013 9:24:47 PM
toad133 posted...
Con5005 posted...
toad133 posted...

They own the IP as the publisher. Publishers can carry on franchises without certain developers (that's what they did for the DS one after all)

ITT: Nintendo owns Dragon Quest.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#10TerotrousPosted 2/24/2013 11:37:26 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
ITT: Nintendo owns Dragon Quest.

It depends on the contract between the publisher and the developer. In many cases, the publisher actually does own the IP, and this is one of them.

That being said, without Racdym on board it likely wouldn't be any good, even if they did make one.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery