Wii U owners must understand that subscription fees are great thing for mmorpgs

#1112KirbyFTWPosted 2/24/2013 2:05:20 PM
Although, I would prefer B2P...
P2P games aren't about owning them. It's about participating in an online community while getting access to a steady stream of new content. Of course, I hate that it happened to Dragon QQuest. I'm only 14 and my Dad isn't too keen on paying subscriptions.
#12darkjedilinkPosted 2/24/2013 5:03:07 PM
Does TC not know that WoW is the last successful MMO with a sub?

No sub-based MMO since WoW was a success.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#13darkjedilinkPosted 2/24/2013 5:06:09 PM
TheTrueNub posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...
What is this BS? Heres an idea charge me a normal amount for a game and or system that I can use online freely as I please or shove it. I pay 55$ a month for my internet already, not to mention the electric bill that powers it, amongst other things. Anyone who pays a subscription fee for playing a game online, is a sucker.

You must have no idea what an MMO is.

It's a completely different beast. You're not paying for playing online. You're paying for a constant stream of new content.

The only MMO live right now with a steady stream of new content is Guild Wars 2.

A game with no sub.

Kinda kills your whole argument, huh?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#14xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:10:50 PM
Thanks to subscription fee, Dragon Quest X can become even bigger and better.

examples here:
http://the-magicbox.com/1302/game130220f.shtml
#15xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:18:21 PM(edited)
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
What about games made under a P2P model that change to F2P later?

It varies. Failures like Star Wars TOR are still trash regardless of switching to F2P.

but mmorpgs like DQX could be more successful staying as P2P.

but if it switches to F2P, at least it's in better shape and more appealing than those western mmorpgs and lower budget F2P mmorpgs out there.

But switching to F2P is basically a company giving up.
#16Virus66Posted 2/25/2013 12:15:21 PM
People just prefer F2P because they can be frugal and still play a game. Quite often, a game's quality is directly in correlation to whether or not it is pay to play or free to play.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#17xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:17:26 PM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
Does TC not know that WoW is the last successful MMO with a sub?

No sub-based MMO since WoW was a success.

That's because very few developers do MMORPGs right.

And most MMO companies are ENTIRELY in it for the cash grab money instead of the artistic and gameplay content ambitions fueled by subscription fees and dedication to make things better for the fans with more proper care.

F2P shovelware just fool people to joining because it's free, then baiting them into the cash shops.

Although Guild Wars 2 is popular, it's overrated, and basically garbage to people with dignity and better understanding of higher quality mmorpg experiences and higher standards.
#18IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/25/2013 12:17:53 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
F2P is a scam.

LoL is the only F2P game that isn't.

Oh you play league of legends? You should play with me and Stickmen sometime
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#19MetroidJunkiePosted 2/25/2013 12:21:05 PM
I don't know, Perfect World seems pretty entertaining for a FTP.