Wow, I cant believe a major retailer is trolling the Wii U like this

#21GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/24/2013 6:45:43 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
IKnowGameFu posted...
Amazon US will not stock Nintendo hardware anymore.

Yeah what's that about?

It's all rumor but, because of poor early sales from the 3DS Amazon wanted Nintendo to drop the price and issue them credit. Nintendo refused, so Amazon returned every 3DS they had claiming they were defective. Nintendo didn't like this because their returns got overloaded. They shipped them back to Amazon because they weren't defective. When Nintendo did drop the price of the 3DS, they issued credit to Walmart before Amazon as a way to get back at them for the false defective 3DS claims. Now Amazon doesn't carry any Nintendo hardware in the US.

Just another example of how Nintendo has poor relations with pretty much everyone. Everything is 'my way or the highway' with nintendo and they refuse to adapt and change to conduct business properly in the modern era.

I wonder if Nintendo is ever gonna wise up and get a clue before they burn so many bridges that they ruin themselves. Though with the current Wii U situation, especially with developers and the gaming media, they're pretty close to the edge at this point.

They really need to swallow the absurd amount of pride they have, suck it up, and start conducting themselves how everyone else does and cut the crap. They're hurting themselves, consumers, third parties, and retailers. Literally no one is winning with Nintendo being so stubborn and arrogant. Christ.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#22DrumguyPosted 2/24/2013 7:07:27 PM
I thought it was because Amazon sold a Nintendo console before release date and NIntendo found out.

Guess I was wrong.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#23SlimeSwayzePosted 2/24/2013 7:09:44 PM
Not everyone is an idiot fanboy. Amazon is simply advertising games to gamers.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#24siddioownPosted 2/24/2013 7:20:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25DarkAdonis123Posted 2/25/2013 5:09:41 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
When Nintendo did drop the price of the 3DS, they issued credit to Walmart before Amazon as a way to get back at them for the false defective 3DS claims. Now Amazon doesn't carry any Nintendo hardware in the US.

Is Amazon a business or a bunch of 5 year olds?

Nintendo acted pretty immature too. They issued a credit to walmart before amazon to "get back at them"? That sounds like some really petty ****.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#26Lovely_DisasterPosted 2/25/2013 5:39:57 AM
......what?

you can't seriously believe that. not everything is such a secret goddamn conspiracy theory. in fact.........most things aren't)

Well gee. As I am typing this out I see an ad for the new Tomb Raider and God of War at Gamespot. Guess that means Gamespot is "trolling" the Wii U?

This is so stupid. Just what kind of persecution complex do you have to have to believe something like this?
#27squidgy617Posted 2/25/2013 6:25:40 AM
Guys, stop spreading rumors as if they are fact. Nobody knows what happened with Amazon and Nintendo. Its all just rumor.
#28kaliskonigPosted 2/25/2013 7:48:38 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
IKnowGameFu posted...

Yeah what's that about?

It's all rumor but, because of poor early sales from the 3DS Amazon wanted Nintendo to drop the price and issue them credit. Nintendo refused, so Amazon returned every 3DS they had claiming they were defective. Nintendo didn't like this because their returns got overloaded. They shipped them back to Amazon because they weren't defective. When Nintendo did drop the price of the 3DS, they issued credit to Walmart before Amazon as a way to get back at them for the false defective 3DS claims. Now Amazon doesn't carry any Nintendo hardware in the US.

Just another example of how Nintendo has poor relations with pretty much everyone. Everything is 'my way or the highway' with nintendo and they refuse to adapt and change to conduct business properly in the modern era.

I wonder if Nintendo is ever gonna wise up and get a clue before they burn so many bridges that they ruin themselves. Though with the current Wii U situation, especially with developers and the gaming media, they're pretty close to the edge at this point.

They really need to swallow the absurd amount of pride they have, suck it up, and start conducting themselves how everyone else does and cut the crap. They're hurting themselves, consumers, third parties, and retailers. Literally no one is winning with Nintendo being so stubborn and arrogant. Christ.

...and you base all of that on a RUMOR?
#29SlimeSwayzePosted 2/25/2013 7:52:06 AM
kaliskonig posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
IKnowGameFu posted...

Yeah what's that about?

...and you base all of that on a RUMOR?

I kind of agree with what the guy said. Nintendo has done a lot to alienate their partners over the years. And the rumor has been all but confirmed. It was widely reported on, and as you can see today, Amazon still doesn't sell Nintendo's products directly.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#30IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/25/2013 7:59:26 AM
All Nintendo's fault for poor QA with the DSlite and 3DS.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10